Options

Replies

• Bdmiller42
    Options
    just another thing for Disney to cash out and ruin
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Lucas was already doing his best to ruin the franchise. Greedo shooting first? the lackluster prequels?
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Butttt nooooo.... A Disney-fied Jar Jar Binks! Think of the children! Think of my sanity!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    The revised movies are horrible and a crime against humanity. I refuse to see the prequels. I want the original trilogy, without the horrifyingly done and very obvious CGI, on blu-ray please. Selling the franchise to Disney? Really? Really?

EDIT: I am willing to see what Disney does with movie number 7 and I will see the prequels to prepare me for that movie IF IN FACT DISNEY DOES AN INCREDIBLE AND MIND-BOGGLINGLY AMAZING JOB.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Oh my....I'm excited to hear they will make more. I was under the impression Lucas said no to 7-9.

That's what I thought.

I love Star Wars but still think Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman were casting mistakes for episodes 1-3! Ewan McGregor on the other hand was awesome.

I 100% agree on Ewan McGregor I LOVED him as Obi-Wan especially in Episode One...woooo! *fans self* But I'm not looking forward to this. What will they do for 7-9, follow the books that were written that take place after 6, of how Luke met his wife, Han and Leia's children?? Will be interesting but the story line was already pretty much established through books on how the next episodes should go. Die hard fans will be leery if they change the way things have been set up through books. Just look at Star Trek.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    i think they need an original story for the next 3 movies. as long as its good people wont care...just look at the new Star Trek.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I actually heard about this earlier and it motivated me to punch the crap out of my punching bag and smash weights.

Furous Angerrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

(read the above phrase in Samuel Jacksons voice, a la Jules in pulp fiction)
  • Momma1213
    Options
    Star Wars Episode 7 A Galactic Series

http://laist.com/attachments/la_adam1/chewbacca.jpg
  • miketheman79
    Options
    Nooooooooooo! We need to kill the mouse before he ruins the movie. I can see them making it a musical, or star wars on ice
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Star wars - the muscial...

Angerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
  • miketheman79
    Options
    Star wars - the muscial...

Angerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
    [/quote

Exactly my point!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love star wars :) Glad there making more
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Do we need to point at the Clone Wars cartoon to point out why another star wars is not good? Darth Maul come back to life anyone?? That kinda defeated the rule of the Sith etc
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    NO. NONONONONONNONONNONONONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONO!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES! I love star wars its AMAZING!
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I feel a great disturbance in The Force...
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    i dont get why people are saying no. we've seen the franchise deteriorate so if new movies suck it really doesnt change anything...but there is a decent chance they come up with something good.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    I think it's because they are beating a dead horse is why we're saying no. We've seen it go from WOOHOO to WTH?!?!? and we'd rather just keep the woohoo and sweep the wth moments under the rug. Now we're left with ????? and hoping it goes back to WOOHOO. It's like how many times can you go back and edit the ending in 6? Just leave it alone. Now who knows, that may even happen again. Everything in the Star Wars universe has been tampered with and now to hand it over to Disney.....five bucks says a Buzz Lightyear doll appears somewhere in the new movie, or Walle. One of the two. I just wish they would let it be, maybe throw out a few specials here and there for kids to get into Star Wars, and just let it go. Oh btw, they also gained Indiana Jones as well. So now they have Star Wars and Indy..............both movies were great as they were by the original set, then they added to it and they both were WTH movies....just scary is all I'm saying.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    im a gambler at heart so im always willing to roll the dice. :D
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    The new ones RUINED the movies.