LADIES

Options
2»

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can offer: Don't weight yourself during your period, because your body will fluctuate wildly and just frustrate you. Concentrate on making good choices and weight in when it's over.
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I was just looking for this topic today!!!! I lost .5 pounds in a week ( NOTE : That's ZERO POINT FIVE, folks!!!!!)) after exercising my butt off 2 hours every day and eating a 1200 calorie diet ( I'm 5'4" and 220 pounds). i have found that i typically gains 3 pounds every, EVERY time my time of the month is coming! It SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I'm in a "biggest Loser challenge at work and you have to pay if you gain, so i was desperate (cuz' i'm cheap too!) LOL!
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I forgot to answer you question about the cravings: On the first day only (when my craving are the most high) I have 1 tbsp or less of dark chocolate chips (70 calories or less), if I am craving sweets it REALLY helps. If i'm craving salt I have 2, YES ONLY 2!! tortilla chips (22 calories) with a tiny piece of cheese on them (like 1/10 of an ounce) (22 calories for 2/10 of an ounce) . As you can tell I weigh EVERYTHING, so it's a LOT easier to get EXACT amounts of things! I only do this on the first day only, then I'm back to my regular scheduled diet!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yes, just stick to your regular diet. Don't binge and don't wimp out on exercise. As always stay hydrated.
  • ChiquitaTab
    ChiquitaTab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens to me all the time. I just plan to not obsess over the scale during that week. I just pay more attention to my cravings, avoid overeating & maintain my exercise regimen. I often found that the lbs I supposedly gained (if I didn't over indulge) often are not there after the week is over. Stay strong.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you want to continue weighing, you can smooth out small fluctuations by using a moving average instead of just recording each day's weight.

So for example, using a 7-day moving average, each day you record the average of the past 7 days (add up the weights of the previous 7 days and then divide by 7)

This will show you a more overall "trend" rather than going up/down day by day.

If you weigh every week, you can also do this for a 4-week moving average.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    Yes and no. If you bloat a lot during that time and weigh in, the scale will say you gained weight. If you are careful to not over eat and stick to your calorie goal then you will likely lose weight. Just gotta wait for all that nasty bloat to go away.
    I hate, hate, hate it. I tend to bloat 2-5 pounds for several days, but it's a treat and relief to see it go back down to normal the next week.