Need to lose 150 lbs. and could really use some support.

Options
I'm turning 54 next week. I've been heavy ever since high school. I'm through with excuses and am determined to make it this time. I've been using MPF for the last month and have lost 26 pounds so far. I'm hitting a plateau and need encouragement to keep on going. Please add me as your friend for encouragement and support.

Replies

• PeacemakerIII
    Options
    I admire your courage. Please take it one day at a time. It seemed I gained 30 lbs overnight. An injury and the stress of work...oh well enough excuses. I am eating cleaning. Cutting out the cookies and desserts and monitoring everything I eat. But the most important part...substituting walking for eating in the evening. dont be afraid to weigh in every other day. You can do it!!!!
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You're doing great so far and I'm sure you'll be able to reach your goal weight in no time. (: I'll add you as a friend.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    26 lbs! That is fantastic! You are on your way!
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    friend request sent...awesome job on the loss already!! yay!!!
  • latormenta2u
    Options
    You are doing wonderfully. Don't get discouraged. It's expected to hit a plateau after a bit loss. You're new body is just saying it needs to slow down for a bit. Treat yourself with compassion and self-caring. Stick to your program and reach out like you are doing here. I have to lose 100 pounds and I'm 60 and I've been going to aqua aerobics for a week and I gained 5 pounds!!! Muscle weighs more than fat...so I know my weight loss will catch up. Stay strong.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :-)
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose, and I will say that I spent a very long time in the decade of the 20-30 pound loss. I had started working out a lot more, I was trying to figure out appropriate calories, and it took (literally) almost 3 months to get out of that decade of pounds. I'm not saying this by any stretch to discourage you, but just to let you know that you do know how to lose (obviously, as you've done phenomenally well to lose 26 lbs so far - Congratulations!) and you are certainly not alone. Try to see the big picture, take it day by day, and know that in the end the weight will have no choice but to come off. Be kind to yourself... you can most definitely do this. Hang tough! :O)
  • flowerpoweredme
    Options
    You're doing a fantastic job, I've sent you a friend request :)
  • stormylynn32
    stormylynn32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with how far you have already come! It is so easy to slip back into our old habits, but it is worth to keep going!
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Keep it going, u will get there. Do it for the right reason, though. I'm 55 and I'm doing this for ME. AND this is the only time i've managed to get this far. People are funny, they ask me what got me on this course and I reply I'm doing this for ME and they look a bit bewildered. Yes I have health issues but they never pushed me enough to lose the weight. Now it's working. I've lost 81 lb and have got 82.6 lb to go. YUP I'm nearly halfway but it's taken me a VERY long time.

You will probably have heaps of people willing to be a friend. I am too, however I'll leave you the option just in case you get inundated with lots of offers. LOL

Anyone reading this is welcome to add me if you wish.

GOOD LUCK everybody.
  • whatthedeuce23
    whatthedeuce23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Add me! Plateaus suck.
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    Wow, well done so far!
  • mjrn1221
    Options
    Plateaus are really hard!! And before that is when i would usually give up. My goal is to lose 120 lbs and so far I have lost 44. I hit my first plateau at about 20 pounds, I started reading about plateaus and realized that I was actually not eating enough. I added in about 200 calories (lean proteins and high fiber carbs) and the weight started melting off again. It is really hard but the difference I feel after just 44 lbs is amazing. Just keep up the good work the pounds will start coming off again!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    You're on your way! Slow and easy is the best - it's a marathon, not a sprint.
    I still have about 75 to go - feel free to add me.
  • Tammiecarver
    Tammiecarver Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You are doing great !!