little brat

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
So today we took my 5 year old to this huge indoor playground where adults are encouraged to play with their kids. We're up there playing and there is one spot where you have to squeeze to get through the tunnel, and as I'm looking at it deciding whether to squeeze through or turn around this kid comes up to me and says, excuse me, you have to be really skinny to get by here! I know he was just a kid, but at that moment I swear if I knew his parents weren't watching I would've wrung his skinny little neck lol!! But the look of suprise on his face when I followed him through and actually fit was priceless!!

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    So today we took my 5 year old to this huge indoor playground where adults are encouraged to play with their kids. We're up there playing and there is one spot where you have to squeeze to get through the tunnel, and as I'm looking at it deciding whether to squeeze through or turn around this kid comes up to me and says, excuse me, you have to be really skinny to get by here! I know he was just a kid, but at that moment I swear if I knew his parents weren't watching I would've wrung his skinny little neck lol!! But the look of suprise on his face when I followed him through and actually fit was priceless!!
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    I tried to do a somersault in a tube at Odyssey once and I got stuck! It was great!

COMPLETELY stuck... all 6'2" 210lbs of me! With kids pushing and pulling me out of the place!

I thought the entire thing was going to collapse as I wiggled free! I became the hero to all of the kids for attempting something so silly though!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    oh gracious! kids can be so brutal!
    i have a similar story, so you are definitely not the only one.
    I used to be a nanny to these three kids whos parents were..not hurting for money persé. We were outside in the front yard and they were playing on their rope swing, while i sat on the steps. A guy on a motorcycle came by, and upon seeing me on the sidewalk there, did a wheelie down the street. Well, Julia came over to me and said " you know, i think he couldnt see very well through the helmet, and acidentally thought you were pretty."
    OUCH!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Well, Julia came over to me and said " you know, i think he couldn't see very well through the helmet, and accidentally thought you were pretty."
    OUCH!

:noway:

I'm speechless. That's...wow.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Kids CAN say the "darndest" things, can't they?! I work with a class full of second graders, and one or another of them is always coming out with something. In their defense though, they're just being brutely honest, (as they see it through their very young eyes) so, try not to take offense by what they say.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    I tried to do a somersault in a tube at Odyssey once and I got stuck! It was great!

COMPLETELY stuck... all 6'2" 210lbs of me! With kids pushing and pulling me out of the place!

I thought the entire thing was going to collapse as I wiggled free! I became the hero to all of the kids for attempting something so silly though!

You are either one very brave dude, or one very crazy brave dude :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    I would like to think the later! ~smiling~

All the little kids were rolling down the tube!

Who knew I would get stuck upside down with my *kitten* in the air and my feet trapped above my head!

It was quite the predicament. All I could think was if I couldn't get unstuck, how embarrassing it woudl be to have to undo the tube! I was already getting ready to do my interview speech on ESPN top 10 worse plays of the day! The worse part was the riot/traffic jam of little ones!