wait, butt what about my boobs?

Options
asdfghjkl; since I've been working out I've lost pounds in my rear
and my chest...
How did you prevent this?
Can you prevent this?
and... if I can't how do I prevent sagging?

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Nope. We have no say in where the body decides to take its fat from.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where to lose. Your body decides where to lose.

Fortunately, losing from the boobs doesn't necessarily lead to sagging. For me, it led to LESS sagging. Before the fat was really weighing my boobs down. Now my boobs are smaller, but also perkier.

People say building chest muscles can help, too. :) Do chest muscle exercises like bench press and chest fly, and go HEAVY (so heavy, you can't do more than 5-8 reps in a row even if your life depended on it). Eat protein.
  • sselraef
    sselraef Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    awesome thank you
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    chest and shoulder should help boobs, squats/lunges and similar exercises help with butt.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where to lose. Your body decides where to lose.

Fortunately, losing from the boobs doesn't necessarily lead to sagging. For me, it led to LESS sagging. Before the fat was really weighing my boobs down. Now my boobs are smaller, but also perkier.

People say building chest muscles can help, too. :) Do chest muscle exercises like bench press and chest fly, and go HEAVY (so heavy, you can't do more than 5-8 reps in a row even if your life depended on it). Eat protein.

you can tighten the butt by doing exercises like squats, or anything that works the glutes.

I have been doing strength for about 8 months now, about 6 months I have been doing chest/arm exercises. My boobs definitely are perkier than they were 30 lbs ago. I'm hoping to start lifting heavy soon.
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I really, really, REALLY miss my boobs. Back when I was still eating like an idiot and around 160 pounds, I was barely squeezing into a 36C. Now I'm around 130 pounds (just hit my goal a week or two ago), I feel like I'm in denial trying to make a 34B work. I haven't had any sagging or weirdness- they're perky as ever, they're just...smaller. I wanted to lose weight to feel better about myself and feel more feminine, but my vanishing boobs have made me feel boyish on bad days. I've had female friends recommend wearing those gain-two-cup-sizes push up bras, but then none of my shirts would fit. I'm not concerned about whether or not the general public *thinks* I have big breasts. I'm concerned about what I see in the mirror.

Not to say small-chested women aren't feminine or that I think they're anything short of absolutely lovely. It's just taking a long time for me to adjust to this new(ish) me. On the upside, I NEVER get that awful bra strap bulge anymore, and I don't have to have an atomic sports bra for high impact exercise.

I think I will try some chest exercises to see if it helps at all.
  • kariinbliss
    Options
    i'm kind of afraid of what will happen if i am LUCKY enough to lose inches from my boobs. i'm 5'2" and wear 38DD. UGH!
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm in the minority on here because I would be absolutely ecstatic if I lost my boobs. I would be happy going from a DDD to even a D but would love to be lose more than that. Unfortunately, it's not happening for me, my body apparently doesn't want to let go of my "girls".
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hooray for hooters :-)
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. If your "girls" fit your new body everything is fine. My "girls" have always been smaller, and I've never, ever had a complaint.
  • timebomb821
    timebomb821 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    do chest exercises (fly, hammer machine are great) and more exercises for the bottom part of the body such as squats (30-40x3 sets), leg curl, leg extension, walking lunges, deadlift, hack squats.
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    i'm kind of afraid of what will happen if i am LUCKY enough to lose inches from my boobs. i'm 5'2" and wear 38DD. UGH!

I'm 5'2", started at a 42DD. My sports bra that I bought like 2 months ago is a 38D...I KNOW I was a 38DD 2 months ago. Today I tried on an old 38C bra, and I had just a tiny bit of overflow. Gravity ( and a combined total of 6 years of breastfeeding) have taken their toll, but at least they don't rest on my belly like they did 6 months ago!
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    Bah I'm upset because I have lost 44 lbs and rather than getting smaller they got bigger! Started at a 44DD wearing size 18 pants... now 42DDD in 14 pants! WTF? I can't see my feet or if I got something on my shirt! grumble grumble grumble
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    you have to have me and me only come over and rub them with special oil three times day... i have helped many other ladies on mfp maintain theirs... :laugh:
  • UndefinedLoser
    UndefinedLoser Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Lol me too!!! I'm 5'1 carrying around a 36 DD load.

chest exercises that build muscle will help with the sagging though. Make sure you wear a proper sports bra too!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say weight training helped mine, but weight training has actually reduced mine and they have not gotten perkier. After 3 kids, I'm afraid that just isn't going to happen for me. In the past, they never really reduced, but I would say I was "skinny fat". This time around I'm really pounding the weights and it has definitely impacted that area. I'm looking to get an augmentation, more to put them back where they belong, right now they are like deflated balloons. Hahaha
  • sarahrbraun
    Options
    Bah I'm upset because I have lost 44 lbs and rather than getting smaller they got bigger! Started at a 44DD wearing size 18 pants... now 42DDD in 14 pants! WTF? I can't see my feet or if I got something on my shirt! grumble grumble grumble

actually, I think that means they stayed the same size. You lost a band size, but gained a cup size. That means volume wise, *they* didn't change, the rest of you just got smaller!

( I worked in a clothing store, and *they* say that technically every woman can wear 3 sizes---yours would be 40F, 42DDD, and 44D)