ecigarettes

Options
I really want to help my brother quit smoking, and he mentioned something about trying an ecigarette. I don't know anything about them, and would love suggestions on which brand, accessories and kits are available, and which you like best. I just did a search and found so many options, I don't know where to start!

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about them per say but it was the ONLY thing that got my husband to quit. He LOVES it.

My dad was a smoker who quit for 15 years and needed a stress reliever. He ended up starting up on e-cigs because he didn't want to deal with bad health effects of cigarettes. He Loves it too!! It's also much cheaper after you pay the upfront costs.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    That is encouraging! I quit a few years ago, but my brother doesn't deal with stress well, and he has a lot of it! I'm hoping it will help.
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I have been 'vaping' since early January. The only thing I would tell you is to look at the "EgoT" or similar model as apposed to the convenience store models. A couple of the people I know that have tried the cheaper ones did not stick with it. Mine looks nothing like a cigarette, but I get a great hit off of it, and I buy the refill juice with whatever flavor and nicotine level I like. This has been the only way for me to stay away from the smokes. I also recommended it to my Dad, who smoked filterless Camels for over 50 years, and he has not had a 'analog' since.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Honestly it depends on the person I've been on and off for about 13 years , and the e- cigarettes just dont do it for me.. on occassion i find myself wanting less and less the more i work out... but when theirs a drink in my hand a cigg always follows...then a whole pack for the night O-o
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Yeah I also was a smoker for about 2 1/2 years. I quit cold turkey. I almost started up on e-Cigs as they look awesome but don't want to deal with the whole awkward thing plus it's NICE not being addicted to the stuff as is.
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everybody. I'll keep looking, but will for sure avoid the gas station versions :)
  • The_new_me_x
    Options
    I Love mine tbh, I smoked for over 20 yrs, and I managed to stop over 4 months with my ecig
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    3 Days Nicotine is out of the system.
    The HABIT is what he needs to change - when he smokes, why he smokes.

After 30 years of it, I gave it up cold turkey. He either WANTS to quit, or he doesn't
  • SofaKingRad_
    Options
    I have a friend on here who is f*cking hardcore about these things. They are pretty cool though, I can't deny it.
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    i think i might give these a whirl myself
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    For first time people looking for a pocket friendly, reliable, and relatively easy setup, I present you with this infographic:

wc76V.png
  • bdradtke
    bdradtke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I smoked about a pack a day up until July 2011 and was a 15 year smoker. I switched to Tececig (electronic cigarette) and haven't had a cigarette since. My wife switched at the same time and she ended up quitting nicotine altogether within two months. I'm still using the e-cig, but it's healthier and cheaper than smoking. The first two to three days were rough, but haven't craved a cigarette since and I can't stand the smell now.