i need your help

Options
okay so here's the deal: i have to do a presentation in my psychology class and it;s due in a month. my presentation is on weight loss and the effect it has on self-esteem // the self-esteem of people with eating disorders. a section of my project has to be through my own personal research so i was hoping to get a large collection of data from you lovely people to add into a graph to show the correlation.

so here's what i need from you:

your stats: age. height. starting weight and current weight. goal weight. how long you've been on your diet.
rating of self-esteem: on a scale of one to ten, where was your self-esteem before you started your journey? on that same scale, where are you now or has it not changed?

secondly, i was hoping to talk and interview any and all people i can who have or have had an eating disorder. i do not want to trigger anyone or make them feel bad in any way so if you feel an interview about it might upset you then please don't volunteer. but if you want to give insight on the e.d. and want to help with my project then please private message me.

and just to be clear, no names will be used in my project without direct permission.

because i need at least 50 different stats on people i may end up posting this again in the future so if you see it again i apologize.

thank you to everyone that helps out. :D

Replies

• TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I can do an interview for ya..I've had all three so I don't think it'd be boring. Lol.
    I'd answer your other question but I have Borderline Personality Disorder so it's not very high on my best days. o.x
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    Tyra
    5'3"
    currently: 225.8
    goal: 131 lbs
    I've been dieting for about three months.
    Self-esteem as of now: 7 Starting SE: 5
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i will msg u tomorrow my stats
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    your stats: age. height. starting weight and current weight. goal weight. how long you've been on your diet.
    rating of self-esteem: on a scale of one to ten, where was your self-esteem before you started your journey? on that same scale, where are you now or has it not changed?

Mike

52 YO 6'3" Male -
    SW: 1/2/12 - 344 lbs SE Rating 3
    CW: 10/30/12 - 235 lbs SE Rating 6
    GW: Goal Date - 11/30 - 225 lbs SE Rating UK

No diagnosed eating disorder or history thereof. Most eating disorders seem to center on bulimia and anorexia... I would say that I have been somewhat a binge eater by history. I have to watch myself to not overdo it; the journal helps in that. I would classify myself a stress eater but my new exercise regimen seems to help with that.. I can throw weights around rather than throwing 1000s or calories in my gut. Best wishes on your research and the completion of your program and the meeting of your personal goals.
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    Happy to help :)

Domi
    29yo Australian F
    172cm (5'7.5)
    SW 213lbs / 97kg
    CW 146lbs / 66kgs
    GW 136lbs / 62kgs
    It's taken me 16 months to lose this weight so far, as I really didn't put in a lot of effort earlier this year.
    My starting self esteem would've been about 2-3/10
    My current self esteem would be about 7-8/10

Good luck with your project!
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I'm a psychology student so I am more than willing to help. :)

Height: 5'3
    SW: 152 (back in 2004)
    CW: 128
    GW: 115 -120

I started my journey in 2004 when the doctor told me I was in danger of diabetes. Then ED reared his ugly head and my lowest was 103. I was sick, sick, sick. Then, I saw a nutritionist and I started doing a little better. Next, I started school and gained back up to 128. I am here because my ED turned into binge eating. Stress from school is the catalyst.

Rating of self esteem when I weighed 152: I'd say about a 3 or 4. Rating of self esteem when I got down to 103: About a 5 or 6. Rating of self esteem right now at 128: 2 (because I am scared of gaining more and more) I'm hoping to get to increase my self esteem as I get back to a HEALTHY goal weight. No more 103 pounds for me. :)

I will help you with the ED part as well (if you need me). Just let me know.
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Height: 165cm
    Starting Weight: 84kg
    Current Weight: 71kg
    Goal Weight: 65kg (possibly 60, will decide when I get there)
    Start date was 4th July 2012
    Self Esteem when I started, probably a 2
    Self Esteem now - probably 6 or 7

Lotsa luck on your project! :flowerforyou:
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options

AGE 50
    HEIGHT 5' 8"
    START 183
    CURRENT 163
    GOAL 135
    Since 1/1/12
    My self esteem can fluctuate given what I'm doing on any given day. Usually it is a 9 Weight gain/loss has not effected my self esteem at all. It just effects my energy level and my overall mental health.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Nikilis
    6'0"
    starting: 86kg
    currently: 75kg
    goal: at this point its more about bodyfat %, but I suppose 65-70 with increase lean muscle mass

I changed to a healthy regime about 14 weeks ago.
    Self-esteem as of now: 8 Starting SE: 5
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for posting your stats. it really is a big help. keep 'em coming i need as many as i can get to get a good broad range of data. c:
  • mgnmsn
    mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight: 244 lbs
    Current Weight: 214 lbs
    Goal Weight: 140 lbs
    Start date: 4/25/12
    Self Esteem when I started: 4
    Self Esteem now: 8
  • HellyMelly
    Options

HEIGHT: 174cm
    STARTING WEIGHT: 146kg
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 117.7kg
    GOAL WEIGHT: 99kg - I have broken the journey into smaller chunks initial goal was 118kg, now 99kg and will decide next when reach current goal
    HOW LONG: since I was 20... and weighed 75kg....... current 24th February 2012
    SELF ESTEEM NOW: 8
    SELF ESTEEM START: 6 (feb 2012, I cannot remember 25 years ago....)
    EATING DISORDERS: no eating disorder per se but an emotional eater with hypothyroidism.

As I understand more about the complexities of hypothyroid and its impact on my health, food cravings and emotions my self esteem is improving. Continuing to lose weight/bulk over an 8 month period has also been a very positive experience, I have never before sustained loss of such and extensive period. From 24th Feb to 9th Oct 2012 I did not weigh myself however, just took measurements on first of each month and gradually changed diet choices. Currently weigh myself once a week only and continue to measure on 1st of each month. If you would like more info message me...
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options

HEIGHT: 180cm
    STARTING WEIGHT: 91kg
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 78.6kg
    GOAL WEIGHT: 78kg - although, I've decided to keep going until I reach 72kg, but my goal has always been 78kg.
    HOW LONG: 5 months
    SELF ESTEEM NOW: 7 to 8(a week ago it was definitely a 7, but as each day passes, it's going up - tried on some shirts yesterday that never really fit properly and they actually look great on me!!).
    SELF ESTEEM START: 5