Gym fitness classes

Options
Hello! Just wondering if anyone has had much success going to fitness classes, eg. Les Mills Body Pump etc...I've started going fairly regularly and really enjoy them. Never sure what calories I'm burning when I do though, but just make sure my heart rate is up and that I push it during a session. Any advocates?

Replies

• Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love the fitness classes offered at the gym I attend. They keep me motivated and I've made some friends. Can't beat that :).

I've had great results too.
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love the fitness classes at my gym, they are small classes and the instructer can concentrate more on each person. I wear my HRM and the reading is never the same because it depends on the intesity you are working out on that particular day.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    The only fitness classes I've been to have been yoga classes. I can figure out how to get my heart rate up on my own, so I don't do group cardio. I don't like the noise, working at someone else's pace, and crowds of people flapping and stomping all around me when I'm really trying to focus. But yoga is calm and peaceful, in a dimly lit room, so I don't mind being with the group. I actually really enjoy it.

P.S. I just looked back at what I typed and I sound like some kind of anti-social crazy woman! :laugh:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Love fitness classes. Builds your endurance and strength. Have fun with it!
  • GRH25
    GRH25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM but I think I need to invest - I'm constantly inventing what calories I have burnt (Its not the be all and end all of my work outs though! - I'm moving, my heart rate is up, I'm losing weight - therefore, I'm not going to stress about the accuracy.)
    But the classes are great for motivation and I always feel good afterwards! :-)
  • GRH25
    GRH25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The only fitness classes I've been to have been yoga classes. I can figure out how to get my heart rate up on my own, so I don't do group cardio. I don't like the noise, working at someone else's pace, and crowds of people flapping and stomping all around me when I'm really trying to focus. But yoga is calm and peaceful, in a dimly lit room, so I don't mind being with the group. I actually really enjoy it.

P.S. I just looked back at what I typed and I sound like some kind of anti-social crazy woman! :laugh:

Haha not at all - I can understand that too! I've become pretty self-motivated with exercise, but sometimes when I'm struggling on my own I find a class ensures I get moving :-) I go to a body balance class that I enjoy for the same reason you do the yoga, it is quite peaceful despite a class full of people.
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    I do zumba! Love it!
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I teach body pump, body flow, tkb, Piyo, yoga, Pilates and aqua lol. I'm always gonba lM always gonna love group fitness. It's good for all levels especially if you have a good instructor. They are fun, full body workouts that help you to get it done and get out. I would not be where I am today without group fitness!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I luv them!!!

sun- HEAT and yoga 101
    mon- HEAT,yoga 100, water aerobics
    tues- yoga 101, Ripped
    wed- water aerobics, yoga 100, might start doing HEAT too?
    thurs- yoga 101, Ripped
    fri- water aerobics, yoga 100
    sat- rest day. might start pilates?

HEAT and Ripped burn tons of calories