I changed my mind

Options
SugarBaby71
SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
I'm a nasty old bag. My husband is leaving tomorrow evening for a hunting trip with the guys. He will be gone for 5 days. He does not hunt. He is going to hang out in the woods and eat bacon and drink beer. The day after he arrives home his parents arrive here for a one week visit. (I like them in small doses) He leaves for Las Vegas THAT day. He will be gone for 5 days -this is a 'work trip'. Where he is staying at the hotel I most want to stay at. He is also 'entertaining clients' racing Italian sports cars (another thing I really want to do) and doing some fighter jet thing.

At first I was happy for him, but the closer it gets the grouchier I am getting about it... The closer it gets the more time he spends at work... out of the house yesterday at 6am, home at 7pm... out of the house today at 7am won't be home until past 9pm tonight. I am not asking him not to go on the hunting trip... that would be unfair to him and to the other guys. I do know that it's not fair of me to be resentful of this... but I can't stop and just be happy about it. I'm so grouchy.

Replies

• thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Grab your girlfriends and go for pedi's and lunch or dinner. Have fun yourself! lol
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Sounds suspicious to me.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    But he should take you to Vegas with him!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Plan something special for you and your girlfriends!
  • BMC_roadie
    Options
    I wouldn't say it is "suspicious", but if he has the ability to do so, he should take you.
  • dunc289
    dunc289 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Look, if he's working some clients, that's probably OK, I do it, and it's the sort of thing which can pay off in the long run.

HOWEVER, if you're feeling neglected, maybe try and do some of these things you want to do without him. Forget the mani-pedi's, if you want to go racing, go do some open wheel racing, or Go-Karts. That's way more legit than driving ferraris. Or dirtbikes!!

You're not in a competition, just a marriage.

Both have fun!
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    Go shopping with the girls, get manicures/pedicures, eat dinner, and go see a movie!
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    You are not nasty. You are not an old bag either! This would tick me off too!
    What can you do?
    1) Take advantage of the time he is gone to eat the healthy foods you want and begin an exercise program.
    2) Plan to have some 'you' time and 'couple' time when he returns.
    Take care of yourself!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You should make him quit his job and not go out and have fun with his friends, no reason he should be having that much fun, I don't think he works hard or brings enough dough to be doing those things.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but regardless if he hunts or not, guys don't want their wives or anyone else's wive hanging around on a guy's hunting trip. It's the guy-code.

Being your husband, he should make it up to you though with a trip for just you two, or let you loose with the gals for a trip of your own.

It takes a big person to let the other person seek out and enjoy things without them. It certainly doesn't mean something fishy is going on (why do women always gotta go there? :noway: ) A spouse should be happy when the other does something that they enjoy doing, like hanging out at a deer camp, drinking beer, eating bacon, bullsh!tting with the guys, away from the wives.

It need not be any more complicated than that. :flowerforyou:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Wait.. Is he leaving the day HIS parents come, or the day after he leaves? I'd be pissed! Go out and have fun while he's in Vegas! Go on a weekend trip with a friend.. Anything. Butg to go out and eat bacon and not hunt on a hunting trip? That's lame.

He should also step up and spend more time with you
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but regardless if he hunts or not, guys don't want their wives or anyone else's wive hanging around on a guy's hunting trip. It's the guy-code.

Being your husband, he should make it up to you though with a trip for just you two, or let you loose with the gals for a trip of your own.

It takes a big person to let the other person seek out and enjoy things without them. It certainly doesn't mean something fishy is going on (why do women always gotta go there? :noway: ) A spouse should be happy when the other does something that they enjoy doing, like hanging out at a deer camp, drinking beer, eating bacon, bullsh!tting with the guys, away from the wives.

Let her loose? If he's going on a non hunting Hunting trip, he has no room to keep her from going on a weekend by herself
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

Let her loose? If he's going on a non hunting Hunting trip, he has no room to keep her from going on a weekend by herself

You think? :noway:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    He's leaving when HIS parents are coming to visit for a whole frickin week? Did I read that right? I'd let him go on his guy trip, but you should go with him to Vegas, or at least go somewhere fun with a friend. Reschedule the parents for when he is around so you don't have to entertain them nonstop.
  • bosimba
    Options
    If you are feeling upset about it..talk to him!..let him know how you feel about it, his reaction should tell you YOUR next move....
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Me personally, I would be more ticked about leaving you to entertain the in-laws part. I would be a bit jealous about the Vegas trip, but happy for him. I actually really enjoy my "me" time, it's why I stay up so late after everyone goes to bed. But you should not be expected to entertain the in-laws on your own while he is gone. That part should be rescheduled when you are both home and you should take the week to do some fun stuff on your own.
  • happypath101
    Options
    SUGGESTION: Figure out something you'd really like to do - with or without him. Tell him how hard these trips are being on you and that you need your time-out as well. Then, take it! :O)