Fighting Halloween Candy

Options
Tomorrow night I will be taking my 15 month old son trick or treating and I know it's going to be hard to not morph down on candy.. I don't even know why I am taking him this young, but my SO insists on doing it since it's his first halloween and because he wants some free candy :D .. Anyway, I don't know what to do about controlling myself from eating more than 1-2 pieces of candy. Any suggestions? I will probably drown myself with water to feel full.

Thanks for reading and any input is greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Budget for it. Think of your favorite Halloween candies that you know you won't be able to resist, a reasonable number to eat, pre-log them, and then make room for them in your day. Get a good workout in that day.
    Or, you can count Halloween as your "cheat day" and just enjoy yourself.
    Mine will be a mixture between the two. I don't sweat it if I go over my targets every now and then.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow evening I will be taking my 7 yr old, 5 yr old, 4 yr old and 13 month old out trick or treating and then come back here to hand out 3 boxes full of little chocolate bars.....Candy and chocolate are my weakness...please pray for me.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hello from the future!! (Australian time). Today I struggled A LOT. I especially did a cycle class so that I had buffer calories. I only had a sugar cookie, some candy corn and a snack sized reese's pumpkin, but it was DAMN HARD to stop from going beyond that.

I literally had to remove myself from the kitchen so that It wouldn't turn into something I would regret. It IS possible, you just need to have a freaking lot of self control today!!
  • AZiegenhorn
    AZiegenhorn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello from the future ;-) That's adorable.

I visited Australia in college and I think we arrived the day before we left :-D
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    headlesseasterbunny_Medium.jpg
    FATALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohh this is not about fighting Candy?
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Idk..............for me this is easy...............maybe if I had kids it would be a little harder. My tad bit of advice/suggestion/question is why do you really think your going to eat some, because it's free? I'm in stores all the time, shopping endlessly it seems, I never think about eating candy bars and what not, just because they are there. Maybe it's just easier for me anyway, IDK.......but maybe ask yourself if your looking for an excuse to eat some, or if you just want to eat some..............I know this isn't much either.........but I'd imagine............(imagining).....that if I did have a kid(s) it wouldn't be so hard to resist...........unless your a sweet toother my nature.

The best to you! and sorry if it doesn't help!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your favorites, get some extra exercise, count it as a maintenance day (where you allow yourself whatever your normal restriction is), hide the candy from sight so you aren't tempted (I don't want things if I can't see them), and remember that walking around with your little one counts as exercise. :)
  • Oaeneo
    Oaeneo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to eat a ton of it, call it a cheat day, feel a little bad and probably a little sick...then move on with my life.
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    * Remember: out of sight, out of mind; and deliberately inconvenient placement of candy stashes is helpful. :)
    * Also, if you allow yourself to indulge a little bit and remember that you can have candy for weeks if you stretch it out, I think it's easier. :D
    * Make rules. I'm a fan of candy that comes in many many pieces, so it's hard to keep track of serving sizes, so I make a rule that I can't eat it until I've measured a single serving out into my hand or onto a napkin or into a baggie. If you pretend that breaking your rules is punishable by death or that your whole life will be ruined if you break form, it works really well. :) And it's very satisfying.
    * That having been said, remember that it took more than one day to gain the weight, and it will take more than one Halloween to gain it all back. :D
  • nickyfm
    Options
    Hello from the future ;-) That's adorable.

I visited Australia in college and I think we arrived the day before we left :-D

Haha don't you mean the other way around? ;). We always arrive in America on the day we left, and then lose a day coming home. Also I did a semester of College in America Last year. Good times!!!
    Oops I derailed a topic haha
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    **** halloween candy.

tumblr_mbduh20NG01qljsygo1_500.gif
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hello from the future!! (Australian time). Today I struggled A LOT. I especially did a cycle class so that I had buffer calories. I only had a sugar cookie, some candy corn and a snack sized reese's pumpkin, but it was DAMN HARD to stop from going beyond that.

I literally had to remove myself from the kitchen so that It wouldn't turn into something I would regret. It IS possible, you just need to have a freaking lot of self control today!!

I pictured this:

tumblr_marrxvpNTB1r804dq.gif
  • JosephVitte
    Options

I pictured this:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Just had like...12 mini snickers...im afraid to finish logging them :(
  • JosephVitte
    Options

Gimme 12 sit ups for 12 mini snickers.................your bad!
  • nickyfm
    Options

I pictured this:

HAHAHAHAHA
    Maybe I should have chucked myself out the window, coz after going downstairs to give a bunch of kiddies Halloween candy, I ended up gorging on a bunch of it myself!!! Daymnnnn
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options

I just had 10 mini Time Outs *drool*

I logged them, and I am over... poo.

No dinner for naughty me tonight.