How should i stand on my scales???

Options
This may seem like a silly question but does how i stand on my scales manipulate my weight... My main concern is that i cant fully get all my feet on my scales and depending on how i stand makes my weight go up or down 1-2 pounds. So if and stand with my feet straight and either my toes or heel slighty hanging off it makes me heavier but if i stand with my feet at a slight angle and them fully on the scale im lighter??? Ideally the latter problem is ideal cause im weighing lighter hahaha :) but i just wanna know what you guys think :)

Thanks

Dawn :)

Replies

• chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Mine do the same thing. Weight changes if I lean in different directions and depending where I put my feet. I'm considering painting a foot shape onto them, and am definitely trying to stand up straight to get accurate readings. It's really annoying though.
  • blondiedawnie
    blondiedawnie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yea especially when you've been doing really good all week then you step on and you've gained, its annoying i keep thinking well if i have my feet fully on the scale it must be taking my whole weight instead of with feet hanging off its changing the scale. I have weight watcher scales but there a whole 3 pounds out... i guess i could use them and deduct the 3 pounds after i weigh... but i dont like doing that. It it really annoying and off putting>>>
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I tend to put my feet at a slight angle so at worse my little toe is hanging over the edge, stand up straight and Eureka. I know some people weigh themselves a couple of times and just take the average. You'd of thought manufacturers would of realised this problem by now.
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That is not a silly question, quite a valid one! I usually try a couple of ways and see how it differs , if at all? Will be interested in other replies!
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Mine do the same thing. Weight changes if I lean in different directions and depending where I put my feet. I'm considering painting a foot shape onto them, and am definitely trying to stand up straight to get accurate readings. It's really annoying though.

great idea!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Are you freakin' kidding me!? Pick one. Stick to it. Sheesh! Some people make stuff too hard!
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If my feet hung over the end of my scale I would buy a new one. I have never heard of this problem and I have HUGE size 12 feet!
  • blondiedawnie
    Options
    Are you freakin' kidding me!? Pick one. Stick to it. Sheesh! Some people make stuff too hard!

hmmm lol i think its a valid question? I think considering ive lost 126 pounds in a year im NOT making this hard on myself... im asking a question that i think other people maybe thinking too and thats proving itself by the replies :)
  • blondiedawnie
    Options
    I think i said slightly not hanging :) anyways thanks for the reply :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options

hmmm lol i think its a valid question? I think considering ive lost 126 pounds in a year im NOT making this hard on myself... im asking a question that i think other people maybe thinking too and thats proving itself by the replies :)
    I think that especially since you've lost 126 lbs (congrats by the way!) I wouldn't get too hung up on the individual numbers. Your weight can fluctuate by a couple of pounds anyway, so you're probably better off just keeping an eye on the long term trend. If that's gong down, then you're doing fine. Either that, or get some new scales. :smile:
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good question. I have a weight watchers scale as well and I seem to get pretty decent readings. I've wondered if there was an "accurate" position to stand in while weighing yourself many times. I wouldn't weigh over and over again and take averages and all that, I just take the dang number and use it till the next week :).
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

Congrats on losing 126lbs. Or 123lbs. Obviously you know that it's not the individual numbers that matter, it's the overall trend. So pick a way of standing and be consistent.
  • Spagirl516
    Spagirl516 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    how you stand on the scale, and the surface it is on definitely makes a difference!! for the most part, find a level hard surface that you can keep the scale on (and don't move it)
    I just bought a Withings Wi-Fi scale and i LOVE it!!! (spendy...but worth it) this scale actually has arrows that will point to the direction you should move to!!! so it knows if you are not centered and guides you to get the most accurate reading! AND it sends all the info to your computer to keep track!! on their site it keeps track of your weight, BMI, fat % and muscle %!! i have also paired it with my fitness pal and it sends my weight through here too!!