I crave good stuff in the evenings!

Options
And I mean, chips, cookies, chocolate etcetc..
I seem to remember reading about food that would make you crave this stuff, anyone know what kind of food that is??

What can be done to -not- crave it?

Replies

• tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    What can be done to -not- crave it?

That's my danger time too - if my wife goes to bed before me it suddenly becomes "calories don't count" time and I sneak some toast.

What can be done? Eat the right thing for dinner to fill up properly and don't keep snacks in the house?
  • chestnutbrown
    Options
    I've just given up eating bread and that has really helped with cravings. I used to be craving something to eat all day without really being hungry and would then scoff down a load of toast in the evenings. Having not eaten bread for just over a week now, I'm not getting cravings so much and don't really miss the bread (apart from the convenience of it!).
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Don't buy them. I was terrible with all those things,

but half of the time I was just putting things in my trolley and not noticing I'd already put something else in from another isle.

So when I got home there were lots of treats available. So now when I see something tempting on the shelves, I check my trolley first to make sure I haven't put something else in.

But now I just tend to walk past all those tempting things on the shelves.
  • tonkabella
    tonkabella Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I read something too ages ago... if my memory serves me right ( and I'm sure someone will put it right if I am wrong) its something to do with low blood sugar making you crave carbs. .. hence the biscuits, bread , chips etc. I also personally think that it is also habit... sit in front of telly and pick whilst watching..... I know that is what it was with me so I broke the habit by getting up and doing something... anything... when the craving hit me. Took a couple of months but now I don't get the cravings very often at all.