Just married 3 weeks ago and struggling to get back on track

Options
This isn't another case of getting comfortable before marriage. Here is the short story. Back in 2006 I put myself on 1000 calories a day and exercised like a crazy person. It for about 2 years before I ended up in the hospital from it. In 2008 I met my now husband and was just starting to come out of the crazy lifestyle. I started to eat normally again and even kept quite a few of the changes I made (I don't drink calories, try not to snack on chips etc) the weight ALL came back. This time I was toner and didn't have quite as much fat but I still went from a size 6 to a size 14. I have been able to take 10-15 off but I keep yoyoing back up. Now that the wedding is over and I am not stressing as much, I want to get this weight OFF!!!

I have been strugging the past few days... doing pretty well in the mornings but slipping by the afternoon. I'm trying to come up with a plan for myself. I do much better with rules, it is like a game, and I want to win! So here is the beginning of what I am thinking...

MFP gave me 1400 calories:

Breakfast 7am : 300 calories
Mid Morning: 150 calories
Lunch: 300 calories
Mid afternoon: 150 calories
Dinner: 500 calories

Anyone have some good ideas for meals within these calories??

Feel free to send advice in private messages.

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to look at my diary. It's open to the public.
  • caitmac14
    Options
    Eat Clean (nothing processed) that helps :)
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Eat Clean (nothing processed) that helps :)

This plus lots and lots of water and no soda. Remember, it's not a diet. It's a life style.
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Breakfast....100 calorie english muffin, 1 egg , 1 piece of cheese.... kind of like a homemade egg mcmuffin......
    mid morning....1 package of instant oatmeal depending on flavor usually between 130 and 160
    lunch.....lean pocket piece of fruit
    mid afternoon Granola bar or fiber one bar
    Dinner.....lean produce and veggies....plus any left over calories
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me, or just look at my diary. I have logged in every day for the past 125 days.

Breakfast is usally poached eggs and toast, sometimes baked beans too. Sometimes I have porridge (oatmeal to Americans). Today I had weetabix because we had no eggs or oats!

On the days I work (I'm a part time teacher) I take crackers and peanut butter, a banana and an apple, and occasionally a yoghurt. I was taking salads but got bored of that. If I eat out I usually go for a chicken salad. Sometimes I have leftovers from whatever I made the previous night, or soup. I try to limit myself to 1 slice of bread a day.

Dinner is usually chicken or fish and veg, although I do occasionally make things like spaghetti or shepherd's pie, but i make it all myself from scratch, no jars or packets. I have 2 young kids - age 1 and 3 - and they don't like things that are too rich, and are happy with some veg and a tuna fishcake, or a jacket potato and tuna or beans, nice simple, but healthy, things.

Snacks are things like fruit mainly, and biscuits occasionally. I bought some Rich Tea biscuits (i think you refer to biscuits as cookies in the US?) which only have 38 calories in them.

My main treat to myself is a skinny vanilla latte from Costa or Caffe Nero (both like Starbucks but with better coffee) maybe twice a week. I take my kids there and my 3 year old likes a babycino!

The main thing I've done to lose weight is limit my carbs, eat lots of protein, and exercise a lot.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Most of what I eat would fall into at least some of those categories - my breakfast is closer to 500 cal though because I find it works for me to have a bigger breakfast. My diary is also open if you want some ideas. I cook mostly everything at home so a lot of my things are my own 'recipes' but you can look at the snacks and things and if you want some recipes just ask.