Wow! Measurements are motivating!!!!

sheri3762
sheri3762 Posts: 159
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
ON January 2nd, my Mom, who works at Curves, talked me into joining and took my measurments. Unfortunately, thie Curves here is closing today. i am a member of a local gym too so I still have somewhere to go, but, anyway, my Mom gave me my file today and it had all my previous measurments in it. Now, I have measured in the past when I first started loosing, but I haven't done it in a while, so I got out the tape and we took them again! gotta tell ya, I nearly peed my pants!!! My bust was 47.5 is now 39, my abs were 45 and now 35, my hips were 47 and now 38 and my waist was 45 and now 34! I swear to God, I had no idea I'd lost that many inches! 31 inches!! Everyone has been telling me that I'm shrinking, but sometimes ( alot of the time) I just don't see it! Of course my legs and hips were the first to go and i noticed that right away, but this seems crazy! I'm still having trouble grasping that I REALLY can eat quite a bit, still eat out, and lose weight!!! Sorry for rambling, but this really blew my mind!!!!!

Replies

• KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Congrats!!! I havent even measured myself but was thinking about starting. How many pounds have you lost? I was just wondering compared to how many inches. I bet you feel really good about yourself. I cant wait to see some results! CONGRATS!
  • thats awesome! i should measure myself, but i dont have a tape measure haha. anyway, keep up the good work!
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    congrats!!!! :happy:

it really is motivating isn't it? keep it up!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Way to go! A lot of us get sucked into only looking at the scale, but it is the tape measure that tells the real story. Very proud of your accomplishments!
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    That is a terrrific accomplishment. Congrats!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Thanks all! As of today I've lost 34 pounds total. 22 since I started on here. Beleive me, being on MFP has been the number one best change I made to help myself! Logging, tracking excercise, and most of all, the informative posts and support have been my best motivator! I have tried adding the ticker, but I'm not figuring out how to do it. When it says copy and paste, where the heck do you paste it?!!
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    I use numbers to keep me motivated, too, but I haven't done the tape-measure ones. Right now, I'm staring at the scale every day (which gives me weight and body-fat %age), but at least it's moving. I blogged about it this morning:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kingking/view/numbers-everywhere-19654

I should pull out a measuring tape, too. :)
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    if you paste it into your signature it will show up when you post
  • That is simple amazing! Congratz and a job well done. Well at least it feels like a jobn but least you get a great reward. Keep up the good work.

~Jan~
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    How wonderful!!!

Congrats :happy:
This discussion has been closed.