Naturally slim women maintaining 5-10 pound range

Options
Any ladies out there who are maintaining or just looking to lose some winter weight? I'd love to add you and learn from your tips and tricks for staying slim and fit in the long run.

Besides, sometimes it can be alienating trying to find a place on a website where most people are trying to lose a lot of weight. It's almost like every time I ask for advice the response I get is "you're already skinny why are you on here?" even though people are not saying it. But maintenance is a struggle too!

Thanks!

Replies

• daryabella
    Options
    Truuuust me, I know where you're coming from. Skinny girls still have to stay healthy and fit too!
    Thanks for the add, we can do this! :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm also slim and fit, working on maintenance and fitness. I understand where you are coming from.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you all! Tired of being told .. "what are you worried about Miss Skinny Minny"? I'm like .. being friggin' skinny fat! dammit! Not healthy either! Hmpft!
  • HMB_87
    HMB_87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm pretty much at my goal and switching to maintenance now wanting to get fitter and be healthier rather than lose any more. Am not really logging food right now as I'm tryinjg to see if I can make good choices on my own too! But feel free to add me :o)
  • kdub67
    kdub67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly not "skinny" (5'6" and 138) but I'm not overweight either. Just looking to lose a few more pounds, then maintain and be fit. Feel free to add me!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I'm a few pounds away from my goal weight - I need to add about 5 pounds.
  • UhOhItsKylie
    UhOhItsKylie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

Ideally, I'd like to lose about 5-6 lbs, but more importantly than that I'd like to maintain through this holiday season and stay diligent with my workout routine.
  • 2feelfitnfab
    Options
    I can serously identify with you all and would love to be added as your friends too. I am a newbie and, althoug it's great to read about amazing weight loss stories... some of us ony need to shed a few ponds and are keen to get fit and healthy. I will add a pic to my listing tonight .. would appreciate some pals on here.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Hi! When I joined MFP a year ago I was a perfectly healthy weight, but 5-10 lbs heavier than I wanted to be. I shed those pounds and have been working on getting fitter with exercise. I'm actually having trouble finding clothes that are small enough these days, so I might try to put a pound or two back on (which should happen naturally around the holidays anyway).
  • dbtman
    dbtman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can add me to your friends as well if you would like. I too am slim, but I know that if I do not watch what I eat and do not exercise, I will balloon up. Everyone tells me that I look great where I am, but I still want to lose that last 5-10 pounds. I totally understand about what you are saying about feeling out of place. I feel that way too.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm not at the point where I am trying to maintain yet, but I am looking to add friends who are at that point. I'm nervous about when I get to that place being able to maintain it so I would love to have friends who are at that place so I can begin learning from them now so that the transition won't be so scarey for me. I've been slim before (I'm 4'11 and maintained 95-100 lbs for about 4 years). I totally understand what it feels like to hear 'you don't need to lose any more weight'. Please feel free to add me. No matter where you are in your journey I will support you. Best wishes.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have very skinny legs and arms, but had gained weight in my chest and stomach. I wore large tops and when I told people I was going on a diet, they just laughed at me. Being prediabetic got me in gear. I would like to lose a few more pounds so I could get into a smaller bra, but I am pretty close to goal.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like...I am not over weight and am not looking to loose a lot, ...make sure I don't gain anything extra and maybe lose a little for a "buffer" :) Where I'm at now is too close to put me out of my pants if I gained a couple pounds so I would rather loose another 1/2 inch or so to make sure I stay comfortable in them.