Men how to lose bodyfat advice/tips?

Options
I am about 10-15 pounds from my goal weight and really want to start cutting more bodyfat and gaining muscle. I feel like i'm having a hard time getting rid of that extra weight in my midsection (yes i know its the hardest area). What do you guys use for supplements/food/exercise to burn it off and keep it off to show some abs and more musle definition?

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am about 10-15 pounds from my goal weight and really want to start cutting more bodyfat and gaining muscle. I feel like i'm having a hard time getting rid of that extra weight in my midsection (yes i know its the hardest area). What do you guys use for supplements/food/exercise to burn it off and keep it off to show some abs and more musle definition?

1. Increase dietary protein to at least 1 gram per pound of lean body mass.
    2. Perform higher intensity exercise, like HIIT, which is quite effective for conditioning.
    3. Resitance training with lots of compound exercises (circuit training is also quite effective for conditioning).
    4. Be patient.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    eat well and lift heavy. it should eventually happen.
    if not, eat a bit less, and repeat.
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    let me know when you get there :-) similar situation. although i have attacked it like so (and still not where i want to be yet)

i have focused on building more muscle, currently gone from around 83kg to 89kg with probably 2% less bodyfat overall. im currently around 11% which my body seems to like to be at. doesnt like going lower then 10 for me at the moment. my plan is to continue building muscle hopefully get to somewhere around 95kg and then focus on lowering the fat again. i will state everytime i get to the same bodyfat it does look slightly different and definately better overall when its ofset against bigger pecs/ shoulders legs etc.

seriously if someone knows a full proof way id love to hear it as well. otherwise 5 more months of bulking before the next cut in the summer.
  • BigMike915
    BigMike915 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Continue to eat below maintance.
    Get at least 1g protein per pound of LBM.
    Lift heavy with compound lifts, (bench, squat, deads., barbell presses.)
    Have patience.

You will not gain muscle while eating below maintance. If your goal is to lose the remaining lbs then you have to eat in a deficit. if your goals are to gain muscle then you are going to have to bulk, (eating above maintance) while getting in enough protein.