Food in the office kitchen!!!

Options
Help!!!! I need motivation today especially to stay away from all of the unhealthy foods that people have brought into the office kitchen to share for Halloween!!! Donuts, cookies, cheese/potato soup, meatballs, chili, and did I say DONUTS???? It is very tempting and I have such a sweet tooth.

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You will feel so proud when you make it through the whole day without giving in. My tips are to stay away, stay far away. You can also try to convince other people to eat it so when there is none left the temptation is gone.
  • 1plumpmom
    1plumpmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stay out of the kitchen and keep healthy snacks at your desk. I know it's tempting, but think about the exerise you would have to do to lose "donut calories".
  • larson13
    Options
    The SMELLLLLLL of those swedish meatballs is KILLING me!!!!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Just remember: Donuts taste better than being skinny feels.

Or something like that.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Or something like that.

:laugh:
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Or something like that.

Bahaha! :laugh:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Halloween potluck at work here, as well. Someone has something in a crockpot and it's driving me nuts! I'm starving and we have another hour and a half to go before the potluck starts.
  • Personally, I'd have a donut. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet and you shouldn't be restricting yourself completely. Or even have half a donut, log it and fit it in your calories for the day.

Moderation is the key!
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me, If it's not in a store-bought container - I wouldn't touch it anyway. Who knows how many snot nosed kids drug their fingers through it to taste it before they brought it in?? Or licked the cookies?? yuck
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm the person who brings in all the leftover candy and dumps it on my coworkers. Sorry!

The thing that helps me is thinking, "that's not my food". It's just like how you don't go into a restaurant and start eating off other people's plates, even if it does look good. (At least I hope you don't. If you do, you need more help than MFP can provide.)
  • MommyToCutie
    MommyToCutie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! In the office where I work, people bring in food all the time. And it's always things like donuts, cookies, chips and pizza. Wow do they love their pizza! What I always do is check the nutrition label of the containers (if there is one) and ask myself if I REALLY want to record several donuts in my food diary. If I absolutely have to have one, I will. I'm not going to completely deprive myself if I really have to have something sweet that day. It's all about moderation. So as long as you don't devour everything in the break room every day, you won't sabotage your progress.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    This is a constant struggle for me as well. Our office has two kitchens. My office is two doors down from one of them. If I know there is food in there I purposely walk the other way to get to my office so I don't have to walk by it. It means walking all the way around the floor but it also reduces my temptation immensely. Our receptionist will always send an email if there is leftovers from a catered business lunch in one of the kitchens. Which happens usually once a week at a minimum.

We also have Cold Stone Creamery ice cream cake once a month for the firms birthdays. I have an auto delete rule setup to automatically delete anything from the receptionist with the word food, cake, birthday or leftovers in it.

If I don't know about it, I'm less inclined to go check it out and most likely eat some.