SOO here i go again

Options
Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
I've been doing well this week. Staying under my calorie goal...BUT tomorrow night. Me and the boy are having a date night. We are going to Red Robin. We've never been and Im super excited. But I looked at the menu and I am going to go wayyy over in calories just by that one meal! Forget the rest of the freakn day! Do ya think I'll ruin the whole week by one day? Im planning on trying to be very very good this weekend which will be hard. But I just know that Im not going to go to red robin and get a freakn salad..which i looked into those and they have just as much calories as a burger!

Replies

• SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    oh what the heck! One meal isnt gonna blow all your efforts, honestly.

Have a nice time and just enjoy it all...dont worry - life is too short!!!
    x
  • summer6102
    Options
    Your fine! Have fun you always need a cheat day make that your day!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    the portion sizes at red robin are huge. eat half the burger and half the fries and it should make it a little more reasonable calorie-wise. i love eating there because i always get two meals out of the deal. have fun!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Options
    the portion sizes at red robin are huge. eat half the burger and half the fries and it should make it a little more reasonable calorie-wise. i love eating there because i always get two meals out of the deal. have fun!

ooo thats a good idea! but the fries are bottomless right? I prob wont finish the 1st if the servings are big.
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    A good cheat meal is great once in a while.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    try to stay way from that bottomless strawberry lemonade (its ridiculously good with real strawberries in it) ;)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Options
    try to stay way from that bottomless strawberry lemonade (its ridiculously good with real strawberries in it) ;)

Im not a big fan of lemonade. ill stick with the diet coke
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    enjoy it babe - just eat light at lunch, drink plenty of water to counter balance the inevitable sodium increase and do a little more excercise over the weekend than you normally would. You'll be fine x
  • caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    try the chicken ceasar salad wrap! its amazing!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of red robin, but isn't it ridiculous that a restaurant would have "bottomless" fries? No wonder the U.S is the fattest country!!!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    One meal won't hurt all your efforts. Heck, I went to a chinese buffet for dinner tonight (VERY light b-fast and lunch) but still...although I only ate a few pieces of 4 different chickens, 1 crab leg and had no rice, I am likely over on my calories (according to MFP I am right AT) and double my sodium. Make it your cheat day, and then get right back up the next day and start eating healthy again. ;)
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    There's a place on the Red Robin's website where you can "build" your meal:

Go to the website, click on 'food', scroll towards the bottom of the page and click on the 'build your meal and calculate your nutrition' link. You'll be able to add and subtract individual items and decide on your options.

It' a little time-consuming but worth it!

I did that and had a lettuce-wrapped burger with melon wedges. It was good and within my calories for the day! (I also planned my whole day around it--I don't eat out very often!)
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    you can order any burger "petite". it 's about the size of the kids hamburger.

last time i went i had the california wap. yummy! and not bad health wise!

**not to mention they have Boca burgers and Gardenburgers!!**
  • thart1958
    thart1958 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't blow it, this is a way of life and you do have to learn to stay " on track"

I have gone to Red Robin several times and I always get the "lettuce wrap your burger"

its great now roll the burger is wrapped in lettuce tomatoe and onion a huge portion.

Good Luck and if you do get off track get right back on .

Have fun!!!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My family likes that place. When we go I usually order steamed veggies instead of fries. (There is no extra charge.)