Kids create the best NSV

Options
swagner73
swagner73 Posts: 43 Member
Last night, my kids were getting ready for bed. I lean over to give my 14 year old a kiss & a hug. She says, "Mom, I want to say something but I don't know how to say it without being disrespectful." So, I tell her that she had my permission to say whatever she needed to say because I knew she wasn't TRYING to be disrespectful since she was looking for an alternative way to say what she felt she needed to say. So she says, "You wouldn't do that before. You wouldn't lean over and hug me and kiss me before.. well, you know... BEFORE you lost what weight you have lost. You would make me sit up so you could hug me. This way is so much better." :bigsmile:

Replies

• AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bless her! See how your confidence is already shining through? your baby even noticed! Great job :)
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Awww- That is AWESOME. Brought tears to my eyes. GREAT NSV.
  • dschassie
    dschassie Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That's beautiful, made me tear up!
  • MommaShorty
    MommaShorty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    awww that is awesome!!! Yes that brought tears to my eyes too
  • brennemd
    Options
    That is so sweet! Great motivation as well to keep going. Good job!
  • fitblondebaker22
    Options
    That is so incredibly sweet!!! Love that. Congrats on your loss!
  • Reedikulus
    Options
    AW what an amazing young lady you have there! :) But you are so right...my 1 year old son (Soon to be 2 in a month!!! ) Hugs me,....and I noticed a month or so ago he actually was able to hug me...wrap his lil arms around my waist. And when he squeezed he patted me and goes awwwwwwww. (this is how he shows love LOL) But man it was a wonderful feeling.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Awww, that was so very sweet of her!!! That is so wonderful when they notice those types of things.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That is so beautiful! What a sweet daughter you have, and what a great change you are making in your lives! Keep it up!
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    We spend so much of our time being proud of our kids it is nice when they have a moment to be proud of us. ... and from a teenager that is really special! My 10 y/o daughter told me the other day while we were getting ready for a family function that I really need to get new jeans because mine were just too big and baggy! I wanted to kiss her entire face 100 times.
    Thank you for sharing your Kid/NSV they are the best!
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This is terrific! Not that you weren't awesome before, but when your kids recognize your efforts and their benefits and praise you for them, that's winning!
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awww, very touching and it sounds like you're raising a very special young lady! Congratulations on the loss!
  • cirqfan
    cirqfan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is an NSV?
  • ninabaz
    ninabaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    awwww that is so sweet!:love:
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Love this post. First,I love the NSV. Great job on your weight loss. Second, I love that you are raising a respectful young lady. Super-great job Mom!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    What is an NSV?

Non-scale Victory
  • dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    NSV= Non Scale Victory.
    Sometimes the scale isn't moving quite as much as you like, but there are all the other nice things that happen.
  • mommycharlie
    mommycharlie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awe! How sweet! What a victory indeed!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Perfect! What a great daughter you have!
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That really IS the Best!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!