plateau

Options
Can anyone help !

I've not lost anything in 3 week's. And it is getting annoying !

Many thank's :cry:

Replies

• zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    I would try dropping your sugar intake- eating lower carbs may help. More water as well. 4 cups a day isn't enough!!
    Can you get more exercise in? Are you lifting weights at all?
  • ermand
    ermand Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat a day
  • SNBedford
    Options
    You may need to up your intensity. Also, try excersises that you hate or avoided doing before. I had this problem so I started running. Now I loose weight any week I run but on weeks I don't run I don't lose weight.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    3 weeks isn't really a plateau. But how I have gotten out of mine and those I have helped.... set your account to maintain for 1 to 2 weeks. If you exercise, eat 50% of those calories back or just take a break from exercise. Once those 1-2 weeks are over then set your deficit at something less aggressive. If you had it set at 2 lb per week, drop it to 1.5 or even 1 and if you exercise eat back 50% of your exercise calories.

Also, increase protein and decreasing carbs can help too. But the first step will help regulate your hormones first.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Your calories look all right, but do you really drink so little water? If accurate, you really need to up your water intake. It plays an important role in breaking down fat and moving it out of the body. So does your breathing.
  • juilovefood
    juilovefood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 cal's a day.
    I can only excercise for 30 min's a day as i have sciatica :(
    I will eat at mainentance for 2 week's and see what happen's.
    Thank's everyone :)
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was recently going through the same thing. I actually upped my daily cals from 1200 to 1370 and have seen steady loss for 2 weeks now. Give it a shot? :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Julie, if you only have about ten pounds to lose (your ticker says this) - then you really are going to have to be patient at this point. It is incrementally more difficult to lose the closer you get to your goal.

You should not be set at any more than "Lose 12 pound per week" at this point. When you go to Maintenance, you may gain a pound or two at first. Stick with it for at least two weeks. You have most likely been under-eating for quite some time, and you do need to eat a lot more.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
  • juilovefood
    juilovefood Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)