protein powder recipes

Options
So I go running 5 out of 7 mornings, and have invested in some chocolate and strawberry protein powders for a good boost post run :)

I#ve never used it before, and am looking for some great recipes to use it in :)

all advice welcome!

Replies

• rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I've just bought banoffee flavour whey protein so really interested to see what ideas people have...so far I've just added it to coffee.:drinker:
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    i've heard about adding it to pancakes, and have a great recipe for peanut butter chocolate shake, but thats it......
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    shameless bump ;)
  • christiemon
    Options
    I order BSN protein powder from amazon.com - good price and follow some of the recipes from http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/06/my-favorite-protein-shake-recipes.html

Do a seach on the blog - she does lots of neat creative and yummy things with the protein powder. I make a good protein ice cream if I need a sweet treat after dinner. My middle child loves the ice cream too!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Dude i really cant stand anything protien powder wise except for chocolate lol

I never use water that just sounds gross haha

I always use a cup of fat free milk, scoop and a half of protien, and half a frozen banana. Tastes pretty dern yummy to me!!

I guess its just a trial and error kind of thing lol
  • ggaspard
    ggaspard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk in mine along with PB2 chocolate.
  • ChiGirl79
    Options
    This is one I came across a few years ago...

Peanut Butter Protein Balls

1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
    1 cup honey
    1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
    1 cup of your choice of dried apricots, raisins, craisins, dried bananas etc.
    1 cup sliced almonds
    3 scoops vanilla protein powder
    Cinnamon to taste

In a pot, heat honey and peanut butter over medium heat until the texture is runny
    Mix in fruit, nuts, oatmeal and protein powder and stir until everything is well coated
    Cool in fridge and roll into bite-size balls

Servings Per Recipe: Approx. 40
    Amount Per Serving: 1 Ball
    Calories: 109.8
    Total Fat: 5.9 g
    Cholesterol: 2.3 mg
    Sodium: 34.5 mg
    Total Carbs: 13.0 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
    Protein: 3.2 g