New to the iPhone world

Options
WRXymama
WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
Starting to get settled into my phone (Went from a BB, to a Droid, now the iPhone). What are the must haves that I need to put on this thing, fitness/weight loss related or not.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    MFP APP!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    The most used Apps on mine:

Shazam - Will find out what song is playing and store it in your tags...for you to download later.
    Pandora
    Google Maps - GPS
    Photobucket
    Cydia - Is a jailbreak utility...helps you open up your Iphone so that you can install apps that otherwise would never be able to be used on your iphone. (Suggest you read up on this one)
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I enjoy mapmyfitness
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Carmageddon!
  • WRXymama
    Options
    MFP APP!

LOL That at FB were the very first 2 made it to my phone. MFP is a MUST have! lol ;)
  • WRXymama
    Options
    The most used Apps on mine:

Shazam - Will find out what song is playing and store it in your tags...for you to download later.
    Pandora
    Google Maps - GPS
    Photobucket
    Cydia - Is a jailbreak utility...helps you open up your Iphone so that you can install apps that otherwise would never be able to be used on your iphone. (Suggest you read up on this one)

Hey, THANKS!
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    MFP
    MapMyRun
    Fitocracy
    Instagram - photos
    Spotify- music
    GasBuddy - find lowest gas price
    Waze - gps with taffic alerts
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    MFP APP!

LOL That at FB were the very first 2 made it to my phone. MFP is a MUST have! lol ;)
    :) Yes it is!
  • WRXymama
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I accidentally synced more music onto my phone than I wanted (also have an iTouch before merging the phone/iTouch together), so I need to REALLY dedicate some time to get this thing how I need/want it. Im so far dissapoined that my Google Chat/Talk doesn't work well on it. Wheenever I close out of it, it doesn't run in the backround like my old one did on my droid. Silly silly
  • cassie1317
    cassie1317 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of people say, I recommend the MyFitnessPal app.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    My faves:
    Pandora
    Camera+ (my fave camera app)
    MFP
    Fitocracy
    Jefit
    Craigslist
    Youtube
    Flashlight
    Groupon and Living Social :)
  • crazyivan19
    crazyivan19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Here are some great, free games to consider picking up, if you're into that kind of thing:

Jetpack Joyride
    Temple Run
    Mega Jump
    Agent Dash
    Punch Quest
    Whale Trail

I'm also a big fan of apps like AppShopper, which keeps you updated on what apps are on sale or have become free. Very useful.
  • WRXymama
    Options
    Here are some great, free games to consider picking up, if you're into that kind of thing:

Jetpack Joyride
    Temple Run
    Mega Jump
    Agent Dash
    Punch Quest
    Whale Trail

I'm also a big fan of apps like AppShopper, which keeps you updated on what apps are on sale or have become free. Very useful.

Wow! Thanks!! Jotting ALL these down to peek at tonight. The only thing I dont undestand is WHY didn't I make the switch sooner?
  • larrys2112
    larrys2112 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    An app I use every day.

Endomondo

And it now will automatically dump your workout into MFP!
  • crazyivan19
    crazyivan19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Jetpack Joyride
    Temple Run
    Mega Jump
    Agent Dash
    Punch Quest
    Whale Trail

Wow! Thanks!! Jotting ALL these down to peek at tonight. The only thing I dont undestand is WHY didn't I make the switch sooner?

One thing I should mention, just in case you are relatively new to mobile gaming. The games I listed are legitimately full, free games. Where they try and make money off of you is with "in-app purchases". For example, in Jetpack Joyride, you collect coins as you play. These coins allow you to purchase upgrades to your character. While you can conceivably collect enough coins to unlock all the upgrades over time, it would probably take a while. Instead, you have the option to buy coins with real world money to make the process faster.

Personally, I think it's a HUGE waste of money. The games I listed above are plenty of fun without making any of these purchases. Just be aware that there are a TON of "free" games in the iTunes Store that are pretty much unplayable wtihout making additional purchases. After a while, you can spot them pretty quick. Reading over the reivews sometimes helps, as well.

While this is primarily a game issue, there are other, non-game apps that fall into the same trap. And if an app has a "lite" version, that means it's free but most likely plastered with ads. Not a huge deal, as you can usually close them, but just thought I'd point that out.