Did I just.... jog?

Options
For me this is big... I was able to jog on the treadmill today for almost 10 minutes straight. This is the first day I was able to do it for more than 2 minutes without the pain of shin splints or my asthma acting up and slowing me down. The weird part is I could have gone longer if I had the time...

I'm guessing it's thanks in large part to Tabata. I've been doing Tabata on the treadmill since last week. After each work out I feel a little less winded than the time before. It's rough on the asthma but it hasn't killed me yet :)

Replies

• BetterVersion
    Options
    Oh man. You look eerily similar to this one guy I know..... :laugh:

Good job, Matt!!!! HUGE accomplishment! :drinker:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Congrats, it sounds like you're adjusting well, keep up the great work!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Isn't:bigsmile: that a purely wonderful feeling?!? I started walking/jogging a couple weeks ago and would barely make it one or two minutes. NOW I am running 30 or 40 minutes, and more if I have the time! It's a great accomplishment, you should be very proud! Just imagine all the great things that you will be able to do without the weight!! :bigsmile:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :bigsmile:
  • jeanbk
    jeanbk Posts: 4
    Options
    Great job! I have just started jogging a bit on the treadmill for the first time since I can remember. I'm still at the 2 minutes each timeframe but hope to be where you are soon. Keep up the great work. Feels good huh????
  • matt_the_whitebeard
    Options
    Oh man. You look eerily similar to this one guy I know..... :laugh:

Good job, Matt!!!! HUGE accomplishment! :drinker:

Thank you Thank you :happy:
  • matt_the_whitebeard
    Options
    Great job! I have just started jogging a bit on the treadmill for the first time since I can remember. I'm still at the 2 minutes each timeframe but hope to be where you are soon. Keep up the great work. Feels good huh????

Jogging for two minutes is nothing to sneeze at - when I started I couldn't go for more than half a minute without huffing and puffing. Remember to aim for slow gains and don't over do it.
  • matt_the_whitebeard
    Options
    Isn't:bigsmile: that a purely wonderful feeling?!? I started walking/jogging a couple weeks ago and would barely make it one or two minutes. NOW I am running 30 or 40 minutes, and more if I have the time! It's a great accomplishment, you should be very proud! Just imagine all the great things that you will be able to do without the weight!! :bigsmile:

It does feel awesome - almost zen like... I was concentrating only on my pace and blocked out all outside thought. Not a care in the world at that moment :smile:
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is AWESOME!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's one of my long term goals. I want to be able to say I'm a runner.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Woo-hooo!!! It's such a great feeling, isn't it? Congratulations, keep it up! Run like the wind! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!