Super long days...how to fit in exercise?

Options
So I work in the film industry, free lance, and I am about to start a new project. Preproduction is 7 weeks, and the days are usually 10-12 hours, so not too bad. Principal photography is 6 weeks, and i usually work a minimum of 14 hours a day, and it's pretty stressful. Short duration, but this kind of schedule is not good for working out!

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fit a workout into this type of day?? I am hoping that I can do interval training in 5-10 minute segments several times a day.....and I can't leave, don't get a "lunch break" per se.

Thanks!

Replies

• kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i m a nurse so i start my day at 645am and finsih at 730pm. i get up at 430am and rush to the gym for 30 mins on the treadmill (incline running, sprints) and 30 mins of weights, run to shower and get to work. when i get home i run 3 miles at 9pm and sometimes do it all again the next day. i never thought i would have the energy to run after work but once you start it becomes habit. it actually re energizes me and keeps my metabolism going strong throught the night.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    if you are a morning person I would say get up early and get the workout done! You have to find a time and just commit! Your work hours seem very hectic however im sure you could find a time that would work for you to even get in 30 minutes out of the day! I am a morning person so I make sure I get up early enough to get in a good 60 minutes of excercise! When I get in from work and if I have time I fit in additional workout session.

Steph
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i have this problem when i have exams. i am a graduate student, so when i have to study, i spend 12-14 hours a day studying. what i will do is put my books down about every 2 hours, do 30 jumping jacks, 15 pushups, 25 crunches, and 1 minute of imaginary jumprope.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    It is now 8pm for me. I have been at the job for twelve full hours, and I am not out yet. My plan for exercise is getting blown farther away by the mnute. grrrrrrrrrr
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I am hoping to get some early morning workouts in at the gym for sure! There will be days that I won't be able to because call time is somthing crazy like 5am.....but that *usually* means time at the end of the day to squeeze something in. I am NOT nor will i ever be a runner. I love running, it does not love me! lol. I can't do high impact, otherwise running would be perfect since you can do htat anywhwere! *sigh*

I also like the jumping jacks, crunches, etc. i could do those as well!