Huge Milestone Today!!

Options
First a little back story:

In June 2010 my weight peaked at 260 pounds. I had previously had success with Atkins so I decided to give Atkins another try. After about 1.5 years eating no Carbs, but as much protein, fat, . . . as I wanted, I got down as far as 194ish pounds. Of course I was getting very tired of no carbs and was having many "cheat weekends" where I would eat whatever and how much ever I wanted. My thought was that I would lose over the course of the week what I gained on the weekends. The problem was that my weekends kept getting longer and longer. They went from Saturday only, to Saturday and Sunday, to eventually Wednesday evening through Sunday. Needless to say, it didn't work.

In July of this year, I decided that I wanted to try and apply for the Air Force Reserves as an Officer. I completed the application and submitted it via email on Sunday evening July 29, 2012. On Monday Morning I got the following reply "From your Standard Form 86, it appears that, at 5'8' and 208 pounds, you significantly exceed our maximum weight limit for accession (180). Please explain how you plan to bring yourself within our weight standards."

Of course I did not get on the scale before completing my application. When I got on the scale that night I was horrified to find that I had ballooned back up to 215 pounds. I immediately downloaded MFP joined my local YMCA and haven't looked back for the past 90 days.

This morning I got on the scale and I weighed 164 pounds. Meaning that I've lost 51 pounds in the last 3 months. More importantly, in June 2010 my BMI was 39.5 (obese) and as of this morning it is 24.9 (normal weight)! While I am still not totally at my goal, it is still a great feeling to no longer be officially overweight. I realize there are many problems with the BMI calculation, but it is still a huge milestone for me personally and a way that I have been measuring my progress.

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r609/tmfrizzell/?action=view&current=E5E69954-A396-49CF-9F80-33557E7358E6-9321-00000BCDA65760B9.jpg&evt=user_media_share

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r609/tmfrizzell/?action=view&current=B6AD328F-85AF-4DD2-AB01-50F29B7616DA-9321-00000BCDA8AD2365.jpg&evt=user_media_share

Replies

• tmfrizzell
    Options
    Apparently I have no idea how to post pictures :)
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great story. I hope that you will reapply.
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Apparently I have no idea how to post pictures :)

Great job!

E5E69954-A396-49CF-9F80-33557E7358E6-9321-00000BCDA65760B9.jpg

B6AD328F-85AF-4DD2-AB01-50F29B7616DA-9321-00000BCDA8AD2365.jpg

Get link code. Change IMG to img in the brackets
  • nikkimwarren
    nikkimwarren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! And thank you for what you do :)
  • NorthwestPA
    NorthwestPA Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • BubbleGumLace
    BubbleGumLace Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    First a little back story:

In June 2010 my weight peaked at 260 pounds. I had previously had success with Atkins so I decided to give Atkins another try. After about 1.5 years eating no Carbs, but as much protein, fat, . . . as I wanted, I got down as far as 194ish pounds. Of course I was getting very tired of no carbs and was having many "cheat weekends" where I would eat whatever and how much ever I wanted. My thought was that I would lose over the course of the week what I gained on the weekends. The problem was that my weekends kept getting longer and longer. They went from Saturday only, to Saturday and Sunday, to eventually Wednesday evening through Sunday. Needless to say, it didn't work.

In July of this year, I decided that I wanted to try and apply for the Air Force Reserves as an Officer. I completed the application and submitted it via email on Sunday evening July 29, 2012. On Monday Morning I got the following reply "From your Standard Form 86, it appears that, at 5'8' and 208 pounds, you significantly exceed our maximum weight limit for accession (180). Please explain how you plan to bring yourself within our weight standards."

Of course I did not get on the scale before completing my application. When I got on the scale that night I was horrified to find that I had ballooned back up to 215 pounds. I immediately downloaded MFP joined my local YMCA and haven't looked back for the past 90 days.

This morning I got on the scale and I weighed 164 pounds. Meaning that I've lost 51 pounds in the last 3 months. More importantly, in June 2010 my BMI was 39.5 (obese) and as of this morning it is 24.9 (normal weight)! While I am still not totally at my goal, it is still a great feeling to no longer be officially overweight. I realize there are many problems with the BMI calculation, but it is still a huge milestone for me personally and a way that I have been measuring my progress.

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r609/tmfrizzell/?action=view&current=E5E69954-A396-49CF-9F80-33557E7358E6-9321-00000BCDA65760B9.jpg&evt=user_media_share

http://s1174.photobucket.com/albums/r609/tmfrizzell/?action=view&current=B6AD328F-85AF-4DD2-AB01-50F29B7616DA-9321-00000BCDA8AD2365.jpg&evt=user_media_share

I wish I could shake you hand and congratulate your properly. Take a bow my friend. Hard work paid off.
  • tmfrizzell
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful encouragment. Yesterday my newphew was born, making me an uncle for the first time. It makes me happy to know that he will never know his FAT uncle. Only the fit me.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Great job. Please re-apply, we need you!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! *high five* Awesome job.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic and I bet you feel that way, too!
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look like a new man! Hope you reapply and that it goes well for you, congrats on your incredible weightloss (:
    (and congrats on becoming an uncle!)
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    impressive results in such a short time too
  • ggof
    ggof Posts: 41
    Options
    what a difference !!! well done .. be proud of urself .. ur a new man !!! xxx
  • sistersyd
    sistersyd Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'll remember this to inspire me!
  • Jormesher
    Jormesher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and Thank You for serving our country!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're pretty much unrecognisable. Hell of an achievement.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    Here's a hug! Great job. You look fantastic! Keep up the good work and thanks for all you do.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I actually just said "WOW" out loud. Congratulations - that's quite an achievement!! :smile:
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done! You look so much younger!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!