Les Mills PUMP First Round 10/22

Options
I'm starting the Les Mills PUMP program on Monday, Oct 22. Anyone else plan on starting then? This is my first time doing anything like BodyPump. So if you've done it, are doing it, or participate in the BodyPump class at a gym, add me. I've watched a couple of the DVDs to start getting the moves down and get familiar with the motion. I'm really excited about officially starting it on Monday!

If any of you are interested in starting it at some point and want more information about the dvds and the program, feel free to hit me up, too! I can help with that as well.

Replies

• marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a regular participant in BodyPUMP at the gym, and I'm going to instructor training the first weekend of November... so I PUMP 3-5 days a week :-) Feel free to add me, and let me know if you have any questions!
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    Hi, I also starting my LMP next week. Good luck for us.
  • koinonia_ness
    koinonia_ness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Body Pump is Awesome! you will love it :), Are you do doing the DVD's or have you found a gym that carries it?
  • luckycat12
    Options
    Didn't know there are DVDs where do u buy them from
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    You can get the DVD workout trough Beachbody website
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-pump-workout.do
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    Didn't know there are DVDs where do u buy them from

You can get the DVD workout trough Beachbody website
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/les-mills-pump-workout.do
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I will be starting Body Pump at the YMCA in November. I can't wait.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Love Bodypump - been going 2x a week since March. Makes great changes - but does not help you lose weight. You gain muscle which helps indirectly - but it makes you much smaller and denser- so I am smaller at a heavier weight. It is kinda cool!
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Les Mills Pump DVDs now, and totally love them. I feel really fierce have barbells in my basement. :smile: The at-home program does come with the barbells, BTW. And just to give you a heads up, it is actually better to order from a Team Beachbody coach rather than from Beachbody, as you will get a free Bonus workout - as well as getting hooked up with a free coach for support if you want it. (That would be me, full disclosure. :blushing:) Here is a sample video I made of the workout: http://youtu.be/7u6AG_0f_oU
  • katykattw
    Options
    hi am going to be starting pump on oct 15 can't wait
  • 7aneena
    7aneena Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ahh Pump, fun times. If your gym offers Body Combat give it a try, it's really fun :smile:
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i LOVE body pump. but alas i can no longer do it. why you ask? because i id not use proper form when i did it. so i am just chiming in to implore that you ensure that your squats are of proper form before you do it, because if you put your weight on your knees, you will likely kill them.

it is a lot of reps done very fast and so you dont have a lot of time to make sure you are doing it right... it only took me 6 classes doing it wrong and i was out of commission for almost 2 months.

i love it though, and every time i walk past them doing it i get wistful and nostalgic... sigh.

• stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm a regular at my gym for Body Pump and have been going for 6 months and have noticed a great difference from doing the class in terms of toning and general strength.

It has also inspired me to do a heavy lifting programme.

As someone mentioned form is important and if you have a good instructor you should be given pointers and instructions on good form.

Also - pay attention to your protein intake too.

Enjoy it - it's one of my favourite classes. Oh and finally, keep upping your weights so you don't get complacent and keep progressing.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I do body pump at the gym 4 times a week :-) will add you x