New From Fort Hood, Texas! :)

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Nicole & i'm 23 years old. My husband is in the Army & he's in amazing shape but as for me after a miscarriage, the stress of 3 long hard deployments, & 6 years together the weight piled on! He's the kind of guy that can eat anything he wants & not gain a lb but if I look at ice cream I gain 5lbs. :/ A friend told me about this site & I've decided to try it out to log my food, exercise & motivate people who are on the same journey as I am. :) I started my weight loss journey back in January of this year & have gone from 230lbs to 196lbs. My husband is super supportive as is the rest of my family but I have friends who continue to want to eat badly, not workout or actually workout but then go eat out afterwards so hopefully I can have make great friends on here to support me & encourage me along the way. Please send me an invite if you'd like to be friends & motivate each other. :)

Replies

• nothingwithoutHim
    nothingwithoutHim Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the start of your journey! It sounds like you've already made amazing progress. :)
  • Southern_Belle89
    Options
    Thank you!
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey there congrats so far on the weight loss. Although i have no experience with a spouse being in the military I have seen the toll it takes on a family especially with deployments. My sis-inlaw lived with us while her husband was deployed to Iraq a few years ago, right after there 2nd child was born. I did see the weight pile on her as well, and like you she piled the weight on like nothing. While her husband was in great shape and could eat anything. It took some work but my sis inlaw came to me for help because she knew I was into P90X and coaching and we got her back into shape. Everything you said in your post was a mirror image of her without the miss carriage part. My condolences for that. Yea lets do this. Add me and if you are ok with it i'd love to help in anyway I can. One way I kept my sis inlaw motivated was by emailing her daily to check in. if you dont mind that let me know. This will be fun and you know what in no time you will have all that weight off and your hubby will not only be the one in shape any more..

Charlie
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great place for support, feel free to add me
  • entonline
    entonline Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Killeen, so right next door to ya, and think you'll find success on the site :-) Looks like I joined the site just 2 weeks before ya and have lost 10 lbs since then. Feel free to add me and I'll support/encourage to the moon and back :-)
  • Kathy077
    Kathy077 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just moved back to the Killeen/Harker Heights area after being in Colorado for two years. I'm looking for some motivation! :)