Is 30 Day Shred okay for me?

Options
I had spinal fusion surgery and therefore I can't run, jump, bend, twist or lift more than 20lbs. Would I be able to do the 30 day shred? I have a treadmill, 5lb weights, exercise ball & stationary bike at home.

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Do not do the shred. The first level is all about jumping jacks, jump roping, etc. I would not recommend to you until you are cleared by the doc. Sorry, I really enjoy it, but my husband can't do it because of his knee issues.
  • noseovertail
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, I didn't want to waste money on the video if I can't do the exercises.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wAYYYYY
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the video Walk Away the Pounds....maybe that would be good for u.
  • noseovertail
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will look up Walk Away the Pounds. If anyone else has any suggestions for any other workouts that may be okay for me, I'm all ears! I'm getting VERY frustrated with not being able to burn many calories off, and I'm sick to death of walking on my treadmill :( I'm starting to lose motivation.
  • dlshipley
    dlshipley Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The first level has jumping jacks, jump rope and butt kicks. Until you are released from the doctor I would do Walk Away the Pounds or maybe a Dancing With the Stars video. They are both very good workouts.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    wii fit is a lot of fun
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    No, don't do it. You jump a lot with the shred. I would try to hold a squat while you do punches in the air. Great to get the heart rate up and burns legs and arms.