Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2".

HW: 112 (caused by medication)
    LW: 88 (disliked food in college)
    CW: 103.5 to 100.5

Most of my life I was in the 90s. I'm trying to get back down, but it's hard.
  • Susy118
    Susy118 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 118. As I get closer to that weight I'll know where to stop...

I am 5'1"
    SW-151
    CW-135
    UGW-118
  • Paigepres
    Paigepres Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'1 and have an evenly distributed body with a curvy frame. My SW: 165, my CW: 139, my GW: 125-130

Goodluck with your goals, feel free to add me :)
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I am 5' (almost) and have a very stocky/athletic build. I will never be what a person calls petite (read: thin/skinny). I have lost 141 pounds over the past 2 1/2 years. It was a long journey but well worth taking the time. I weigh 116 pounds and being 50 years old, that's not too bad. My SW:255. I am content.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 with a goal weight of 115.. I have been content at 120. Right now I am at 131 and started at 143.

Add me if you would like. Being petite has its own struggles!
  • katztwins
    Options
    I too am petite. I am lets say 5 feet just barley and have a tiny frame but have hips and a tush and that is where I tend to carry my weight. Most people would look at me and say i dont need to loose weight but I am good at hiding it with the way I dress.
    I am starting at 115 and trying to get back to around 100 pounds. Just turned 40 a few weeks ago and everyone says your metabolism slows down. I have noticed that it takes longer to get my heart rate up and burn the same amount it used to but it could be also that the weather just turned cold.

As i thin out my hips become less noticeable as does my twin skin from having my girls 8 years ago. I am active and tend to eat healthy but let the good life get to me. My goal now is to loose the weight no matter what it takes.
    My best weight was when i got married 13years ago and then i was 98 pounds but that was a lifetime ago. I would be happy at 100 again. Add me if you want to talk struggles of petite women.
  • kraftyrose
    Options
    Hi, I am 5 ft also.
    SW 222
    CW 212
    GW 199
    UGW 115 (but that number is not set in stone)

Truthfully, I haven't been in ONEderland for years, so that is my goal right now.

Please feel free to add me, I've only been on MFP for about four weeks, but I log every day, and would love to share and offer encouragement.
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    4'11.75
    sw 207 but before mfp
    cw 187
    gw 123
    my last doc wanted me to be 117 but when I was in my early 30s that was a struggle. I could do 121 when I was 31 and I didnt look emaciated. I have curvy but slightly bottom heavy weight when I'm lower weight. I'm 52 & goal is to hit <130 before menopause sets in fully. :)
  • westonhive
    westonhive Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 5' (almost) and have a very stocky/athletic build. I will never be what a person calls petite (read: thin/skinny). I have lost 141 pounds over the past 2 1/2 years. It was a long journey but well worth taking the time. I weigh 116 pounds and being 50 years old, that's not too bad. My SW:255. I am content.
    Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" on a good day. I've been every weight from 90 lbs to 135. I'm top heavy, and have hips, and muscular legs (was a cross country runner in high school).

SW: 117
    GW: 95

Seems drastic, but I'm really short and have a small frame. Also, if I can fit comfortably in my "skinny jeans" and weigh 120, because it's all muscle, that's ok. It's really more about appearance and health than a number.
  • entonline
    entonline Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and for the healthier part of my adult life when my metabolism worked without me working, I was a muscular 116-118 lbs; my SW when I joined MFP roughly 1.5 months ago was 146, my CW is 133, my GW is 120, and my UGW is to see that 116 again. I can't imagine going lower than that simply because I do have a naturally muscular build with hips, thick legs and booty lol. I haven't done any particular workout plan, just followed a 1200c/day diet, worked out 6 days a week (3-4 days cardio, 2-3 days strength), watched my sugar intake (no more than 30g a day), and made sure to drink a minimum of a gallon of water daily. I feel like I've hit a bit of a plateau, so I'm going to give the 30DS and C25K a shot just to vary my routine and see if I notice any difference in the lb/inch loss.

I think that if I don't get to the 116 then I'll still be ok as long as I look and feel comfy in my clothes and have the toned look that I want. But know this: whatever your goal is, YOU CAN DO IT! I've seen wayyyyyyyyyyy too many success stories on this site NOT to believe that!!!! Best of luck!!
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5' 0.5" to 5.'075".

SW (July 17 2012) = 147
    CW(Oct 26 2012) = 124.6
    GW = 125
    UGW = 115-118 - TONE

I've been getting a lot of the "don't lose too much weight" from people recently so If I can get to 120, I'm going to start working on diet maintenance, lifting and flexibility.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    around 130 I love my curves
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    around 130 I love my curves

Some women have curves at well under 130. There seems to be an idea on this site that being under a certain weight automatically means you don't have a shape or you don't like being curvy.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Take a look at this website: http://www.mybodygallery.com/

It has a lot of images that people have uploaded with specific height, weight, and body type (perhaps think about contributing!)

I've been to that site. It made me feel fat, or at the very least, it confirmed that I'm just as pear-shaped as I imagined. Did not make me feel better.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    5'2"

HW: 165
    CW: 139
    GW: 120

My goal might change, i'll see when i get closer, but 120 sounded about right.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0"

Interesting - I'm starting to think that maybe my goals are unrealistic? Pre-baby I was 135 and looked quite heavy then (I have a very small frame). I've been this height and 90 lbs before and looked terrible. I remember feeling best about my body at 105-115 lbs, so I set a goal weight of 110 lbs. That said, I was quite young when I was in this weight range (18 to 20 years old), and I'm older now (27).

So pre-baby I was 135 lbs, and post-baby I'm 160 lbs (baby is 5 months old).

I had a softer goal of about 120 lbs -- when I get there I'll see how I feel/look and adjust accordingly. Really, though, it's more about body shape and energy levels/healthy eating and exercise habits to me than a number. Generally I hate scales.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My DL says I am 5 foot and pounds. In reality I'm about half an inch short and about 18 pounds heavier. When I started this site about a month and a half ago my goal was to go back to my DL weight. But I don't want to be "skinny" anymore. I want to be fit. I started lifting weights and am starting to see a little definition in my arms. And I love it. I keep flexing and looking at my baby lump on my arms and feel so proud. I think I want to really start working on becoming stronger so I have no idea what weight that would be? Maybe more than I am now, maybe less.
  • sandkrain
    sandkrain Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" age 49, CW - 147 GW = 130
  • bgh707
    bgh707 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet exactly, and pretty curvy (32F, pretty big thighs/hips).

SW: 155
    SW (on MFP): 150
    CW: 146
    GW: 125
    UGW: 115

In high school, I ate under 800 calories a day and got to 122. But I was miserable and had terrible skin and hair, and the weight came right back on in college. This time around, I want to be healthy and maintain my weight properly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!