Options

Replies

• fitanndfab
    Options
    Terrific!!
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your start weight is approx where I'm at now. I would like to be where you are in 9months. Thanks for the inspiration! :D
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Your start weight is approx where I'm at now. I would like to be where you are in 9months. Thanks for the inspiration! :D
    You can do it!!!!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful! We're on a similar path so far. :)
  • marthathebear
    Options
    beautiful! good job!
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Beautiful transformation! Keep up the hard work! :)
  • misclemence
    misclemence Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look fabulious! Thanks for the pic and inspiration.:smile:
  • brandon168
    Options
    That's awesome! That would be a loss rate of what, 5 lbs per month, or about 1.25 lbs per week?

Would love to hear some pro tips, since whatever your doing is obviously working.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Options
    That's awesome! That would be a loss rate of what, 5 lbs per month, or about 1.25 lbs per week?

Would love to hear some pro tips, since whatever your doing is obviously working.
    LOL @ pro tips! No pro here. :) I certainly have struggled (and still struggle) throughout this process but I have kept my eyes on the long term goal and that is to get healthy. That keeps me moving forward and back on track after a rough day/week.

I started this journey on Weight Watchers in January following their plan. I switched over to MFP in September because, though WW was working, at the end of the day WW doesn't teach you anything about your body, how it burns calories, and how many calories you should/should not be eating. Instead it assigns points values to food based on fat, carbs, fiber, and protein values. I didn't learn anything except how many points my foods were.

So, I just do my best to stay within my daily calories each day and I do my best to work out 3-5 days of the week on my lunch hour at the gym and then get in whatever work out I can on the weekends at home.

I also don't deprive myself of anything. If I want Ice Cream, I have it. I just don't have a gigantic bowl anymore, I actually weigh it out and have my 1 or 2 servings. Some people will argue that might hinder my weight loss, but I find if I deprive myself of the foods I love I am only setting myself up to fail. Some weeks I can still get out of control with it, but I log it. It gives me a reality check and just motivates me to keep on track the next week.

Good luck to you!
  • PinkPaintedLady
    PinkPaintedLady Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    your stats are VERY similar to mine! I began at 233 lbs and am currently at 186 lbs, 3 lbs shy of 50. it's awesome to see a similar weight loss on another person and compare results. let me tell you, you look FANTASTIC! way to go girl!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Options
    your stats are VERY similar to mine! I began at 233 lbs and am currently at 186 lbs, 3 lbs shy of 50. it's awesome to see a similar weight loss on another person and compare results. let me tell you, you look FANTASTIC! way to go girl!
    Thank you! I feel fantastic. :)

Congrats to you on your weight loss. That 50 pounds GONE feels so good!
  • Davisc28
    Davisc28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Looking Good!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Wow, that does look like a lot more than 50 pounds!! Congratulations!!!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS -- You look amazing = )
  • Freedom_Frog
    Options
    hot mama!
  • ccreflections
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • danarod23
    danarod23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    looking great! What a sense of accomplishment! Great job! Keep going and achieving your goals!
  • sandyjeffery
    Options
    Awesome job. You look great. Congratulations and keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing your story and before and after pics. You are an inspiration for the rest of us.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!