Waist Sizes

Options
Ladies that are around 5'3 ish and around 135-145lbs please tell me what your waist size is in inches? Pant sizes would be helpful too. I'm trying to get a better idea of what I want the inches to be around my waist. Thanks!

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft3 and when I was 145 I was a size 11 in jeans
    Can't find my recording of waist though
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and around 123, with a waist of 28.5". I'm short waisted and carry my weight in the middle. Overall 38-28.5-36, puts my in a size 4 dress and 4-6 pants.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    5'4" 132 pounds. My waist is 27". Size wise I'm anywhere from a 2-6 depending on the brand.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'3-1/2" and when I was 145 I had a waist size of about 28. Size 4 jeans.

Everyone's body types are different....
  • Coming4U
    Coming4U Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different and it should be what works for you and looks right on you. You will know when you are there.
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    5'3"/F, 128-130 lbs., medium-boned*, 29" waist, pant sz. 6-8 (11-12 at my largest)

*Frame size will/should be a factor in setting your goal waist size/weight -- obviously, I am very thick-waisted, what little waist I've ever had. ;) Frame size calculator: http://health.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Frame-Size-Wrist
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 146.5 and last I measured my waist it was about 28.5. My pant size is currently 10 or M in Misses, 11 in Jrs.
    (I have 39.5 hips)
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh 128ish right now. When I was 140 I had about a 28 inch waist and wore a size 5 or 7. I now have about a 25 inch waist and wear a size 0.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Your waist size is mostly determined by genetics. Depending on body type. It could be anywhere from
    22- 36 or whatever. The lowest mine has ever been since puberty when I was fit and younger (lots younger)
    is 32. Even at that age I never had a difference of more than a couple of inches in any of my measurements.
    Bust Waist Hips have always been pretty close to the same number.
    I'm a block straight up and down. There's no way to change a body type.
    Small waist, bigger hips. Thick waist, smaller hips. Generally.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Waist size will vary a lot for a given height/weight due to body types. Hourglasses and pears will have much smaller waists than bananas/rulers and apples. Maybe you should specify your body type to get applicable responses!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and 115 pounds now and have a waist of 25/26. Pants size now= 2

When I was 135/140 my waist size was about 30 inches. Pants Size then was a 6 or an 8

It took me about 5 months to get down to this size and I've been stuck at 115ish for a while.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    5'5.5 - 26.5" waist - 138llbs
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5, 137 pounds and my waist is 28.5. I wear a European size 38. Not sure what that is in the US.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    4'10" 100lbs 24 waist 28 around navel/love handles area and size 0-2 depending on brand pants. I am small frame apple shape. I can get up there in pant size very easy! My mid section is always the last to come down in size. I look very normal right now. Not underweight at all. Most people are shocked when I tell them my weight, but I am definitely normal.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", weigh 144 and have a 27" waist and 36.5" hip, wear a size 6 or 8
    PS - I'm an hourglass shape