My body just hasn't received the memo yet....

Options
I have been watching what I eat for almost 8 weeks. Not starving myself but eating 1380 calories a day. Exercising like a mofo (4-5 hours a week). I feel thinner, clothes fit better but no one has noticed and I have lost only 6 lbs which is less than a pound a week. I feel like I am losing momentum and fast. I don’t eat processed foods, I get close to the daily amounts of fruits and veggies, not much for drinks (Glass of wine here and there). I just caved and ordered a fitbit. I don’t know what else to do. Anyone else have this problem? Its discouraging to lose .3 of a lb when I've been good all week!!!!!!!!!!!!

K, pity party is over. Just wanted to vent and see if anyone else out there is going through this.

Replies

• alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You should track your measurements. Sounds like you're losing inches and trust me, the weight will fall off after that. Same identical thing happened to me. Hang in there!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in 8 weeks is great, even if it doesn't seem like it! Hang in there...the last 10 lbs are much harder!
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I have lost 17lbs and people just started to notice. It was frustrating at first, but just keep at it. It is worth it and your insides are healthier too!
  • sunnygirl19
    sunnygirl19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I needed reassurance, I guess. Its so easy to get sidetracked and unmotivated; no wonder so many diets fail. As far as measurements so, I will start tracking today.
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're also eating not ENOUGH. Because you exercise a lot, your body can go into 'starving mode' if it doesn't get enough calories. This is normally around 1200 calories a day, so you're close to that and I think you're even across because of your excersises