Debate: P90X VS. Insanity - Your Thoughts???

Options
Okay. So I am currently doing The Asylum, but I have also done Insanity and P90X in the past. I've talked to many people have have done/are doing one of the 2 programs, and I thought it would be fun to start a debate (I'm bored, okay!!).

I personally prefer P90X slightly due to the general fitness benefits it provides, but I also love the brutal intensity of Insanity.

1/ Which do you prefer?
2/ Why do you prefer it?

Replies

• sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    umm thats hard to choose . . .
    p90x makes me feel strong and it has so much variety, I never get bored:glasses:
    but Insanity makes me die and die and sweat buckets . . . . .:drinker:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I prefer Insanity. The relentless intensity of it is incredible. I know they do very different things and P90X has its place, but in terms of a getting the heart rate up and getting everything going there's no competition between the two. I get off on that explosion and feeling of near collapse if it's quick. I find a 25 minute Insanity workout much harder to survive than the hour-long P90X plyometrics session, which says it all for me. But that's just how I work, I'm not saying one is better, just that I enjoy Insanity more.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Insanity makes me drip with sweat...which I like. P90X helps me to get a good resistance workout..which I also like. I just alternate. Both have good things to offer and I think it's good to mix things up.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Do both to confuse the muscles
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    I love how hard core insanity is but between the two, P90X gave me better results. To me P90X just provides more of an all around workout. My favorite program to follow is the P90X/Insanity Hybrid. Best of both worlds. But if I absolutely had to pick one... P90X.
  • lamarnnem
    lamarnnem Posts: 189
    Options
    Haven't done insanity yet but I'm 6'3 and me jumping in my house is not ideal for my ceiling or floor. I prefer p90x so far. Will try insanity in January when I'm done with this round however.
  • panda007dammit
    panda007dammit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I see no reason to pit them against each other. They both gave me great results, and doing a hybrid of the two gave me the best results of all. I could see Insanity being more of a problem for people with bad knees or other injuries that severely limit jumping exercises. It's a lot easier to modify moves in P90X.
  • soumbos
    soumbos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is not a competition! Just a friendly conversation about the type of exercise everyone prefers really :)

My favorite is an Asylum/P90X hybrid to be honest ;)
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hate P90x. I find them boring, and Tony is not my favourite coach. I have cycled it only once, and use the exercises on my weight training days, but I do them on my own.

Insanity is far too cardio based, didn't really do anything for me physically (no weight or inch loss), but mentally made me feel hard kore and like I was in great shape. I DID have to add my own weight training days in though, because I felt like I was losing it, especially back and biceps. I will put in an Insanity video any day I feel fat.

Asylum (I know not part of the debate) gave me the most body change and muscle strength, made me do things that my body never wanted to.