tips for staying on track and motivated

Options
I am new to Mfp. I have been feeling quite low lately and really would appreatiate people stories and tips etc as to how they kept motivated at lowpoints. thanks

Replies

• runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    low points suck - not much I can say other than - You work through them - How bad do you want to change? You will do anything if you want it bad enough! Remember: It's YOU vs. YOU ---
  • amylou200484
    amylou200484 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks .think just got to think tomorrow is a new day. one day at a time hey
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Whenever I don't feel like doing something, I just sit there and think "If I do this today...where will I be in a year?"

It actually makes me excited to work out and see what I can make myself look like. :)
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I try to slow down my thinking and focus on one moment at a time. The decisions I make right now, will affect the ones I make later today. If I stay in that mind set and start with one healthy choice, I can continue that momentum/motivation.

Low points do suck, but make one positive choice and let it lead you to the next choice.
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I look at pictures how I want my body to be. I get really motivated by that
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Everyone has times that are not good but be sure that you are logging your calories and not getting off track. If you hang in there and log those calories today you are going to be proud of yourself tomorrow. Try to do something for yourself today get outside and take a walk, a change of scene, even for a little while, may be what you need to change the mood. If you have a friend who is the happy type you might try calling her for a phone visit. Good luck with your program. Believe in you!!!!
  • BubbleGumLace
    BubbleGumLace Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing myself. I've been "struggling" with my weight for a while now. Struggling in the sense that I'm not consistent with my exercises and eating healthy. I need to be more dedicated and motivated. I just don't know how to do that.
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Your mental state is important. its at least a third of the process.

If you need people to cheer you on every day ask,, we want you to succeed and many will help.

read the bio's of folks who have a MUCH larger amt of weight to lose. both in progress and successful.

Give yourself at least 3 weeks to reach a routine.

are you feeling deprived of something in particular ? you may need to wean yourself to smaller or less calorie versions.

I need positive Keywords in my life.
    My weight is GONE (not lost).
    I go for bike rides or walk the dog (not EXERCISE.)
    I count calories and weigh amounts (not a DIET)

when you set a long term goal try and make it something that will give you a good feeling or memory.
    One of my best days was when I could fit in the REGULAR seats on the roller coaster again.

keep on ,,, row row row your boat
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    my daughter....I gained back some weight I had lost and she told me I was looking rounder again! lol

I use to post quotes all over my fridge, bathroom mirror
    Wake up and out loud say "today will be a good day"
    Schedule a workout like I would an important appt that I could not cancel

Stay away from the scale sometimes
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I take my shirt off and look in the mirror.
    I think about how much I can lift, how fast I can ride, or how far I can run.

If those things don't motivate me, nothing anyone else says or does will.

• elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Make smaller goals, and once you reach that small goal - set another small one. A bunch of small goals met together add up to one big payoff!!