i need advice...

Options
gisii
gisii Posts: 74 Member
so sometimes am not hungry... at all... but still have some calories to eat what do i do?? do i force the food down my throat or what??

thanx:happy:

Replies

• islandclaire
    Options
    I find it is hard sometimes too, I find that the best thingto do is to eat your daily allowance, however if you have extra calorlies after execise you can leave those out... But make sure you do refuel after a workout. I like to have a smoothie with frozen berries, diet yoghut and banana ;) i find this helps me:drinker:
  • happy_angi09
    happy_angi09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try drinking a glass of milk or juice? If your calorie intake is 1200 you should try to meet that goal but if not i think it's okay to skip a few calories.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm going through that right now, where I'm even forgetting to eat as my life has gotten busy. So when I finally sit down to eat, I make it count and pack it with good protein, fats, and calories. Sometimes peanut butter is the key as it is high in calories and the natural peanut butters have a lot of health benefits as well. Personally, I don't "force" myself, but will get a snack and munch on it over the course of an hour to make sure my body is fueled.
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    good advice thnkx!!!
  • Solnaschka
    Options
    you dont have to eat all of your calories you have for the day! i have like 300 left every day
  • hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    I also struggle - I tend to train once a day, and that is in the evening, 5-6 times a week - and on average per session, i burn about 600-700 calories. After I train, i go home, and eat dinner. Where I struggle is if I haven't eaten almost all my calories before I train - then i end up with 1300 calories, with my dinner accounting for a max of 800 calories, which leaves me with about 500 - i try my hardest to eat those 500 calories healthly, but i tend to treat myself to a handful of haribos (my #1 weakness) but I still don't eat them all. Plus i don't want to eat too late before I go to bed - my cut of time is normally 9.30pm - any ideas?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    So the best thing you can do is plan your calories out ahead of time, I mean you don't have to be 100% accurate, but you need to be close, the problem with having extra calories is, basically if you have a lot left over you're not following MFP's guidelines, and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself if, after a month or two, you stop losing weight.

I usually recommend that you sit down on Sundays and make a rough plan of your week, creating a generic diet for the week (You can have 2 or 3 different meats that have similar calories/fat/protein, and similar grains...fruits...veggies...etc. ) Then map out which days you will be working out, this way you know how many calories you need for each day and can plan your food accordingly, if you plan ahead, I'll bet that you DO eat all your calories, which will keep you out of starvation in the long run, and keep your body burning calories far longer than just the initial 10 or 20 or 30 lbs.

I know this is a change for a lot of people, but it's IMPORTANT. Remember, we're trying to train ourselves to become healthier, and that means creating new habits, and a habit is only created (or broken) by repetition.

Stay healthy!

-Banks