Diet Coke vs Coke Zero

Options
Hi, I was wondering what the difference is between Diet Coke and Coke Zero. When I looked at the labels they looked the same.

Replies

• dannloo
    dannloo Posts: 2
    Options
    Coke Zero is for real men who don't want to buy diet coke!
  • marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    Options
    I find that Coke Zero tastes better than Diet Coke. Diet sodas suck but coke zero is awesome! :)
  • dax58
    dax58 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

That has made my day lol
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The difference is in the artificial sweetener used. I agree I prefer the taste of coke zero - but also just be clear, just because it's called zero doesn't mean zero calories. I can't remember if coke is one of them but sprite zero and fanta zero both have about 10 calories a can!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered why it is that if a woman buys a diet soda, no big deal. But a guy buys one, and he gets ragged on. My husband is always teased by his brothers for drinking diet soda. Of course, the source is a bunch of guys that drink Natty Boh for their alcoholic beverage instead of quality beer. Maybe you have to consider the source.
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    cancel them both out of ur life.....
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I prefer diet coke over zero. I think it has a crisper taste.
    Otherwise they are basically the same although diet coke contains more caffeine but not by much.
    But I am really a Dr. Pepper gal. I would rather drink my one can of regular Dr. Pepper a day.
  • stephen14
    Options
    Coke Zero has no sweeteners, unlike Diet Coke which is full of them.
  • DanaMK
    DanaMK Posts: 1
    Options
    This is what I found on the net...

Coke Zero is sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium (ace-k) and has zero calories. The only chemical difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke is that Coke Zero has about half the aspartame but has more ace-k.
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    They taste different. Coke Zero tastes more like actual Coke than Diet Coke does.
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    stay away from them both, as a previous poster mentioned. the artificial sweeteners included are so not good for you. i am convinced that they caused the cancer of the digestive tract that ultimately killed my mother. i will not allow artificial sweeteners in my house... drink water, tea sweetened w/ stevia (NOT TRUVIA but real leaf stevia found at trader joes), or other naturally sweetened drinks. please - stay away from artificial sweeteners...

just my heartfelt 2 cents...

:heart:
  • Karna6e
    Karna6e Posts: 57
    Options
    stay away from them both, as a previous poster mentioned. the artificial sweeteners included are so not good for you. i am convinced that they caused the cancer of the digestive tract that ultimately killed my mother. i will not allow artificial sweeteners in my house... drink water, tea sweetened w/ stevia (NOT TRUVIA but real leaf stevia found at trader joes), or other naturally sweetened drinks. please - stay away from artificial sweeteners...

What's wrong with Truvia? I'm trying to push my mom towards it in place of all the other artificial sweeteners.
  • kellycrow
    Options
    truthfully, i do not know much about truvia except that it is not a natural process - it is manufactured in a lab... Stevia is pure and there is no need to use a lab to get the pure, natural sweetener. They do sell individual packets of Stevia... Sweet Leaf, I believe, is the brand I have purchased in the past... but normally, I get the powder at Trader Joe's that is 100% Pure Stevia. You just need a tiny bit to sweeten your drinks, etc.
  • kellz510
    kellz510 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments.
    I would love to give Diet coke up but with to drink instead???
    At the moment i drink at least 2l of water a day! I have 2No cups of tea with 2No sweetners in each cup. 1No can of d.coke and then in the evening I have 2 or 3 glasses of diet coke
    I live in the UK and don't know what Stevia is.
  • dmjackso678
    Options
    It is best to give them both up and sacrifice the extra 100 calories for a Ginger Ale. Giner Ale do not contain the ingredient Aspertame that causes blotting. Good Luck.
  • Ahaverland
    Options

There is no research that supports that artificial sweetener is 'bad' for you, but do not let diet soda replace water in your diet, I know there are going to be 'nay sayers' on sweeteners but I go with what research tells me. (disclaimer: Aspertame can cause some people headaches if they are sensitvie to it and Aspertame is not safe for people with the medical condition PKU)
  • kellycrow
    Options
    i see what you are saying, but there was actually a bit on the local news last week about artificial sweeteners... nutrasweet DID have research saying it was a problem. they rated splenda the best and did not have enough research on truvia. regardless of what the research says, i am not sure how putting chemicals in your body can be good for you. that's all. i know many folks do not agree. my hubby drinks diet coke and coke zero - but i will not allow my children to have anything with artificial sweeteners and he fully supports that.
    again - this is just my 2 cents and take it or leave it...

what stevia is:
    "Stevia is a South American herb that has been used as a sweetener by the Guarani Indians of Paraguay for hundreds of years. The leaves of this small, green Stevia rebaudiana plant have a delicious and refreshing taste that can be 30 times sweeter than sugar.....Stevia has many excellent properties. The body does not metabolize the sweet glycosides from the stevia leaf or any of its processed forms - so there is no caloric intake. Stevia doesn't adversely affect blood glucose levels and may be used freely by diabetics. "
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i personally will say. dont drink them at all.
    they are still consider as junk food.
    not trying to be to forward.
    but for some people its ok. for others it isnt.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    There is a diet soda made with stevia it is called zevia
    www.zevia.com