Dark Chocolate Microwave Brownie - 142 cals

Options
EvilShenanigansTX
EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
I have seen ALL kinds of microwave brownie recipes on MFP, and tried LOADS of them with iffy results. Most taste too eggy for me, or have a strange fluffy texture. This recipe is rich, darkly chocolate, moist and has just 142 calories per serving! I like mine with a tablespoon of light vanilla ice cream melting over the top. This is a fun dessert, a sweet snack, or perfect for those emergency chocolate cravings.

It may be slightly higher in calories than some of the microwave brownies out there, but I am willing to trade a handful of calories for a brownie that REALLY satisfies! I also like that it is a single serving, so I can't go back for more. (I have portion control issues, and since I know this about myself I take steps to keep temptation at bay!) If you find this too sweet (I tend to have a pretty sweet tooth, but you may not) reduce the Brown Sugar Splenda (or your preferred sweetener) by half. Do not reduce the honey, it adds a lot of moisture and flavor.

Dark Chocolate Microwave Brownie - Serves 1 very lucky person - 142 cals.

1 tablespoon Chocolate BP 2
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon egg white
2 teaspoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder (this produces the deepest chocolate flavor)
2 teaspoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoons reduced fat butter, melted (I used Kerrygold reduced fat butter)
1 teaspoon packed Brown Sugar Blend Splenda (or your preferred sweetener)
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch salt
Small drop vanilla extract

Combine all the ingredients into a microwave save mug or ceramic ramekin and microwave on high for 30 to 50 seconds. Check at 30 seconds to see if it is done to your liking. I like mine at 40 seconds ... it is still a little melted in the center. My husband likes the full 50 for a more cake like brownie.

Enjoy!

Replies

• tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty simple and yummy! Thank you for sharing, can't wait to try it - and I'm always looking for more ways to use my chocolate PB2!
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    Options
    I LOVE that stuff! It is a life saver for a peanut butter addict like me!
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    The fact that the brownies are single serving really is the best part of these desserts.

Thanks for sharing.
  • g_jelly
    g_jelly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What is Chocolate BP 2?
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    Options
    What is Chocolate BP 2?

It is a peanut butter powder that you mix with water to make peanut butter. It is delicious, 45 cals for 2 tablespoons, and it is GREAT in recipes! You can find it here - http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have seen ALL kinds of microwave brownie recipes on MFP, and tried LOADS of them with iffy results. Most taste too eggy for me, or have a strange fluffy texture. This recipe is rich, darkly chocolate, moist and has just 142 calories per serving! I like mine with a tablespoon of light vanilla ice cream melting over the top. This is a fun dessert, a sweet snack, or perfect for those emergency chocolate cravings.

It may be slightly higher in calories than some of the microwave brownies out there, but I am willing to trade a handful of calories for a brownie that REALLY satisfies! I also like that it is a single serving, so I can't go back for more. (I have portion control issues, and since I know this about myself I take steps to keep temptation at bay!) If you find this too sweet (I tend to have a pretty sweet tooth, but you may not) reduce the Brown Sugar Splenda (or your preferred sweetener) by half. Do not reduce the honey, it adds a lot of moisture and flavor.

Dark Chocolate Microwave Brownie - Serves 1 very lucky person - 142 cals.

1 tablespoon Chocolate BP 2
    1 tablespoon water
    1 tablespoon egg white
    2 teaspoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder (this produces the deepest chocolate flavor)
    2 teaspoons honey
    1 1/2 teaspoons reduced fat butter, melted (I used Kerrygold reduced fat butter)
    1 teaspoon packed Brown Sugar Blend Splenda (or your preferred sweetener)
    Pinch of baking powder
    Pinch salt
    Small drop vanilla extract

Combine all the ingredients into a microwave save mug or ceramic ramekin and microwave on high for 30 to 50 seconds. Check at 30 seconds to see if it is done to your liking. I like mine at 40 seconds ... it is still a little melted in the center. My husband likes the full 50 for a more cake like brownie.

Enjoy!

BUMP... have everything but the PB2. Hopefully regular old peanut butter will work?
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Bump - thank you!
  • Katt1320
    Katt1320 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    OMG portion control is the HARDEST! And such a hassel to divide everything out. Thanks this is great- I'm going to try it!!!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options

BUMP... have everything but the PB2. Hopefully regular old peanut butter will work?

regular peanut butter should work fine but it's going to throw off your calories and macros
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    Options

Just replace the PB2 with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and reduce the water to 1 teaspoon. The calories will be different, too.
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I usually find microwaved cakes, brownies, muffins, etc. disgusting. Hopefully, this one is different.
  • lilimax
    Options
    What is chocolate BP 2?
  • tbrp
    tbrp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    sounds great. bump
  • sparkdoc
    sparkdoc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump:smile: