Survey, about how long to lose those last 10-15 pounds?

Options
Hi,
I have about 15 pounds to lose to my goal weight. To motivate me, my husband said I can go on a "guilt free" shopping spree if I can get to my goal by the end of September (about 4 months). I have been consistently losing about 1 pound per week. Does the weight loss slow down a lot when you are down to the last 10 to 15 pounds?

Replies

• BYEBYEBELLY
    BYEBYEBELLY Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi,
    I have about 15 pounds to lose to my goal weight. To motivate me, my husband said I can go on a "guilt free" shopping spree if I can get to my goal by the end of September (about 4 months). I have been consistently losing about 1 pound per week. Does the weight loss slow down a lot when you are down to the last 10 to 15 pounds?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    My last 10 pounds took about 11 weeks. It was........glacial......losing those pounds......:explode:

But in 4 months (with the motivation you've been given!) no sweat!!! :wink: :drinker:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    took me about 9 weeks
    :smile:
  • BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    Thanks!!! I told my husband that I will have to go shopping anyways, because my clothes won't fit!
  • maverickyanda
    maverickyanda Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You could just go to a calorie counter website and have your husband help you with your "homework" re: bedroom since that burns calories.

At least he'd let you spree at Victoria's Secret!

Tee hee hee!
    :drinker:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'm kind of in the middle of those last few pounds, and I'd have to say that it's definitely been a long process. I'm also discovering that I may need to readjust my goal so it's a bit lower- I'm almost at goal and would still like to lose a bit of extra padding around the thighs!

Anyway, expect the last few to be slow, but in 4 months I'd say you will be just fine! Buy some clothes on my behalf, I'm so jealous that I don't have that reward to look forward to! :)
  • BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    Ha Ha,
    I actually looked up "bedroom exercises" to see how many calories it burns :smooched:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    After the Christmas Holidays I needed to lose 18 pounds to get to my goal. I still have to lose 2-5 lbs to reach my goal, 130lbs. :grumble: But my progress has been sabotaged constantly by "others" and myself of course. So that makes it harder to reach the goal in a shorter amount of time. I think that if you stick to your plan 90% of the time you can definitely make it in 4 months or less. Of course, do it the right way, don't starve yourself nor do anything drastic...I am still happy that I have lost at least 10lbs and I feel great!!! Good luck!! :flowerforyou: