Does anyone add Flaxseed to there meals

Options
Does anyone add flaxseed to his or her meal plan? I don't like the word diet...lol... I have been adding it to my yogurt or sprinkling some on my chicken or salad. Flaxseed has many nutrients and helps on many different levels such as heart, cholesterol, diabetes, constipation and so much more.

Replies

• spicychaibreath
    spicychaibreath Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love adding it to my salad or sprinkling it on top of soups! It gives it a nice extra crunch without over-altering the flavor :)
  • amydee714
    amydee714 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love Flax. I use flaxmeal to 'bread' chicken and then bake it to make chicken fingers. I use flax meal and seed to make crackers (since I eat low carb I dont eat store bought crackers). I make MIM (muffin in a minute). I add it to meatloaf instead of breadcrumbs.

I LOVE FLAX! lol
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I do. I add it to my yogurt, oats, and smoothies. I like the taste of it.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I add it to my protein smoothies-about 2tbsp.
  • DTayl123
    DTayl123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I add it to the smoothies/juices that I make. Flax seed and Bee Pollen then the veggies and fruit
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I add it to lots of stuff, love it!!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I hope you guys are using ground flax seed. When you use whole flax seed you really aren't getting all the health benefits.
  • cmadison381
    Options
    I add it to my Cottage Cheese, yoguart and Oatmeal. I found a great brand at Trader Joes that is roasted. They have a nice crunch and nutty flavor.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    No, but I would. The tortilla chips I eat have flaxseed. Love the taste and crunch. I gotta get some and try it in other things.

Thanks

BTW my total cholesterol is 142
    LDL 89
    HDL 41
    Triglycerides 60

I'm just so happy about it I tell every one!! :)
  • George1567
    Options
    We used flax and liked it, but have switched to chia seed. The flax had to be refrigerated and did not mix as well. Also felt the overall benefits were better with chia. Either way it is a great way to add a little of natures good stuff to a healthy lifestyle.
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats Johnny on your Cholesterol #'s....I would be proud too:smile:
  • want2belean
    Options
    Thanks for the tip george, I will have to look into chia seed...
  • want2belean
    Options
    @Amy I have been wanting to bread my chicken with it..I may do that this week. Even though I am not a BIG Dr. OZ watcher, I channel surf...lol..of course Dr.Oz is where I found out about flaxseed.
  • delwen57
    delwen57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I add chica seeds better than flaxseed and keeps you feeling full, again many nutrients
  • chocolateluvr80
    chocolateluvr80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I add it to my morning smoothie.