Adipex

Options
Has anyone taken Adipex? Does it work? Will the weight stay off after you get off the prescription?

Thanks.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    No matter what method you use, the weight only stays off if you make substantial lifestyle changes and eat at a maintenance level - and not above it.

A lot of people struggle with this when they use "aids" like pills, meal replacements, etc.
  • christy3952
    christy3952 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I was just curious because a lot of people at my work were having success with it.
    I have tried everything to lose weight and usually a tramatic event causes me to gain weight back.
    :happy:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Adipex can be really dangerous. It's an amphetamine. I had to take it for awhile for severe fatigue and I felt terrible. When I was on it I was jittery and had to move constantly. I would do things compulsively and could not sit still or relax. I had no appetite, and more than that I had to force myself to eat. I also felt like a giant exposed nerve ending the whole time-- I couldn't have anyone or anything touching me. My clothes all felt scratchy. It was really awful. I lost weight on it, but it wasn't healthy and I would never go back on it.