Are you this freaky? Tips please

Options
Oh Dear...I realise that this sounds pretty freaky but I was on another site when someone posted a question about what little things you could do during the day to burn a few extra calories when you're not actively exercising.

It had some very interesting responses like taking the stairs instead of using the lift, using the upstairs loo rather than the downstairs one, standing up and walking around when on the phone indoors and parking the car a long way from the entrance to the supermarket etc so I though I would post my own Extra Calorie Burn tips and ask you to post yours....although mine could be considered to be a bit weird!

When I'm making coffee and waiting for the kettle to boil I do squats with two cans of baked beans in my hands.

According to my Heart Rate Monitor if I go really fast I can burn off enough calories for a single guilt free Cadbury extra Crunchy chocolate finger biscuit in the time it takes to boil the kettle from cold! [includes a mini cool down minute or two to get the full 25 cals needed :smile:

So there I was the other day, in full flow, squatting up and down dreaming of chocolate when my other half walked in.
He looked rather startled and asked what the heck I thought I was doing.

I was bouncing up and down like a mad thing, all pink and glowy in the face, waving 2 tins of Heinz's best in the air above my head.
He looked even more perplexed when I told him I was treating myself to a biscuit!

He then did that little head shake thing he does that usually indicates that he thinks I'm from another planet and for some bizarre reason said...."Well done"
:happy:
I sort of feel sorry for him sometimes, he has such a lot to put up with!

So anyway, that's my Extra Calorie Burn Tip....anyone else like to share one of theirs?
Love Sky

Replies

• Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Not at the moment, but you made me almost laugh my fun-sized Reese's through my nose.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Which was my reward for walking an insane amount with three tiny trick or treaters...that and the fun-sized Coffee Crisp, the teeny bag of potato chips, and the pop.
  • Lizsullie
    Lizsullie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love this!
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I clean my house on my tiptoes.:blushing:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The title is misleading. :angry:
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm constantly wiggling at work, and do calf raises when I have to stand and wait for anything.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I do calf raises while I brush my teeth.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I do power Kegels.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    I jog on the spot in multiples of 100. I soon burn off quite a few calories over the course of a day.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'll start dancing around like Chris Farley in tommy boy, she's a maniac, maniac! All crazy like. It's fun to weird out my coworkers too :)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Not the kind of freaky I was looking for.

/thread
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    "Always have a twitch"
    As in always bouncing your foot or something similar :)
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This may not be freaky and may not burn alot of calories but before I take my bath, while i am naked I do 10-15 pushups....Hey its better than not doing any pushups...lol..
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

Disappointed.
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! That's brilliant! I surprise my husband all the time when he comes around the corner to the kitchen and I am doing yoga moves while stirring our dinner on the stove!
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    this made my day thank you! My tip is when im cleaning my house I put on music with a nice beat and I end up dancing from one spot to the next instead of just walking!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    First
    I like YOU!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Second, well I jump on and off my elliptical during the day for 10 minutes....not exciting but it's here and in 10 minutes I can burn 40-50 calories....it add up!

:bigsmile:
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options

This. I feel duped!