How I broke my plateau

Options
My diet and lifestyle stayed the SAME this week that is has since 2 months ago when I started MFP except for....

MY WATER INTAKE!

I chugged 72-80 oz. of water every single day this week and dropped 2 more pounds! I hadn't been drinking enough water to balance my sodium intake and I really think that's what made me stall for 3 weeks. Hope this helps some of you that are having the same problem I did!

Replies

• tansyf
    tansyf Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks Skinny Jess, will definitely up my water intake, I admit I do forget to drink xxxx
  • psyonix
    psyonix Posts: 12
    Options
    Good call, water intake is something I'm not doing very well at and never have. Will try to be more conscience of it going forward. Thanks for the idea!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    YAY! I don't drink enough either. Together we will!!
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I never get my full dosage of water. What exactly did you do to make sure you drank enough? Did you buy a gallon a day? Or count your water bottles? Or what?
  • skinnyjess00
    skinnyjess00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I bought a 20 oz. intake (by thermos) water bottle that I take with me EVERYWHERE. I make sure to drink it 4-5 times throughout the day and that averages about 8-10 cups of water every day. It has totally changed the way I drink water because now I can measure exactly how much I'm getting.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am really trying to include more water. I know I don't drink enough. Have you tried the vitamin water?
  • marujita
    marujita Posts: 53
    Options
    Something I haven't thought of, thanks! I don't drink nearly enough water, but I do get plenty of salt in my diet! more than plenty!! Good tip!