Chicken recipes

Options
Does anyone have any low carb chicken recipes they can share? I get so tired of chicken so quick but is an easy go to food for for lean protein. Please help!

Replies

• gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I almost always have my chicken with organic Spring greens, then either a sliced cucumber or a sliced kiwi fruit, all topped off with tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Another variation is to leave out the cucumber or kiwi and have a sliced pear on the side. (Pear doesn't taste very good with vinegar.) Try raspberry vinegar, too.

Another way to have chicken is to dice it up really well, stir in a bit of real mayo and have it on a sandwich thin. Don't like the sandwich thin? Half a pita pocket works too. And the mayo has zero carbs so use it instead of salad dressing. I've been known to eat it without any bread. Add finely chopped dill pickle for a bit of crunch and no additional carbs.

Chicken is a good go-to lean protein, but it can become dull. You might try some of the marinades prior to cooking. A low cal vinegar and oil dressing is a good marinade. BBQ sauce in moderation doesn't add too many carbs and puts some zing in the flavor.

You can also coat the chicken prior to cooking. Simply dip in a beaten egg then coat with low carb crushed crackers or Special-K cracker chips. It might take 3 cracker chips to coat a chicken breast and that will figure to about 2.5 grams of carbs.
  • Chobbes
    Chobbes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great options here...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Stir fry- Slice chicken I use about 4 ounces, slice green pepper, slice onion and baby portabella mushrooms season to taste with avocado slices, Yummy...
  • michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe for enchilada chicken soup from Hungry Girl: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1428
    I made it this week and have been packing it in my lunch for something different. It's a very fast recipe to make!