Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Get on top. Great calf/thigh workout.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job but put together a side table with a filing drawer on top and a couple of books so that I can spend part of my day standing. I do rear leg lifts and side lifts and squats and lunges while waiting for dictation to download (I'm a medical transcriptionist).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Get on top. Great calf/thigh workout.

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    I love this. I'll have to try it! LOL
  • susiemou
    susiemou Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Haha, yes I am this kind of freaky! I've been doing push ups against the counter in the kitchen at work whilst waiting for the kettle to boil! I 'm just so pleased I can do them now, I do them everywhere! Not been caught yet.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    It dosn't burn many calories but I use hot water to brush my teeth. Freaky eh?
  • lovingvampiress
    lovingvampiress Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    :laugh: i get those same looks from my husband...
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The title is misleading. :angry:

Disappointed.

Pretty much. I was about to hand out some expert advice.
  • VanessaLysette3
    VanessaLysette3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Haha how cute! This made me laugh. But you pretty much listed all of the extra calorie burning things that I do as well. I also do squats while brushing my teeth, jumping jacks while waiting for my nail color to dry, and like Susie, I do kitchen counter pushups (my favorite) :)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    The one time I ever tried P90x, my wife walked in on me. It was more embarrassing than getting caught wanking.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Oh Dear...I realise that this sounds pretty freaky but I was on another site when someone posted a question about what little things you could do during the day to burn a few extra calories when you're not actively exercising.

It had some very interesting responses like taking the stairs instead of using the lift, using the upstairs loo rather than the downstairs one, standing up and walking around when on the phone indoors and parking the car a long way from the entrance to the supermarket etc so I though I would post my own Extra Calorie Burn tips and ask you to post yours....although mine could be considered to be a bit weird!

When I'm making coffee and waiting for the kettle to boil I do squats with two cans of baked beans in my hands.

According to my Heart Rate Monitor if I go really fast I can burn off enough calories for a single guilt free Cadbury extra Crunchy chocolate finger biscuit in the time it takes to boil the kettle from cold! [includes a mini cool down minute or two to get the full 25 cals needed :smile:

So there I was the other day, in full flow, squatting up and down dreaming of chocolate when my other half walked in.
    He looked rather startled and asked what the heck I thought I was doing.

I was bouncing up and down like a mad thing, all pink and glowy in the face, waving 2 tins of Heinz's best in the air above my head.
    He looked even more perplexed when I told him I was treating myself to a biscuit!

He then did that little head shake thing he does that usually indicates that he thinks I'm from another planet and for some bizarre reason said...."Well done"
    :happy:
    I sort of feel sorry for him sometimes, he has such a lot to put up with!

So anyway, that's my Extra Calorie Burn Tip....anyone else like to share one of theirs?
    Love Sky
    You're Hilarious!!! :laugh: :laugh: I can absolutely mind picture all of what you shared with the cans of beans! Good work, you deserve a biscuit for that & a "Well Done". :bigsmile: :wink:
    Haha how cute! This made me laugh. But you pretty much listed all of the extra calorie burning things that I do as well. I also do squats while brushing my teeth, jumping jacks while waiting for my nail color to dry, and like Susie, I do kitchen counter pushups (my favorite) :)
    Love this! I need to get started on these extras!! :smokin:
  • KageyKat
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh... I have a fax machine in my office and now I pace back and forth, instead of standing still while waiting for the fax to send.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm a freak. I'm a fidgeter and am always bouncing my legs up and down, crossing one over the other and vice versa. I take the stairs sideways (been caught a few times!) and do calf raises on the stairs as well. I also sometimes close my office door and do push ups or wall squats. Oh, and every morning after I get out of the shower I do 20 squats on my tiptoes when I hang up my towel. :embarassed:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Depending on your sub's thresholds and your own stamina, you can DEFINITELY burn a lot of calories with 'teh freaky'.
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I put my back against the wall and sit down on an invasible chair when in the elevator (alone,of course!). You can get a pretty decent thigh burn going from floor 10 to ground! :tongue:
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaha a thanks for that I'm not well and avnt laughed in days hahah x
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I go up and down the part of the stairs that are out of view at work 5 times or until someone opens the door at the top or bottom.

I walk around the building once or twice a work day. Takes a bit less than 10 minutes. It's my "smokebreak"

I do counter pushups in the bathroom if no one is in there

I dance around when I clean. Salsa steps for dishwashing.

A minute of jumping jacks if I am microwaving something at home

A minute of ab exercises or leg raises for the first 4-5 commercial breaks if I am watching tv.

I have not yet been caught by anyone, except for doing the abs which I don't hide in front of the hubby.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I like this thread, thanks for the great ideas folks! i just count on going to the gym, i take the stairs wherever possible now but there is so much more i could do!

I'm going to put together a morning routine