Help w/calorie burn

Options
I really struggle with reaching out on here because the last time I did, some people were not very supportive, but I am going to give it a try again.

I am not burning as many calories as I have done in the past. Is it because I have lost a total of 32 lbs and need to change up my workouts? My food intake is 1200 calories, 5'9" @ 158. I still have belly fat, which I know is the hardest to lose. I work out at home alternating Jillian's powerhouse/weight loss yoga, and Minna Lessig's full-body workout and a fat eliminator cardio - which I struggle with.

"B"

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    The lighter you are, the less calories you are burining doing the same things. i.e. a 200 lb runner doing an 8 minute mile will burn more than a 150lb runner doing an 8 minute mile.
  • bchthrpy
    bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So what should I change?
  • talenarenee
    talenarenee Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Maybe for a week or so change your work outs to something brand new to challenge your body (even though what you have still challenges you your body may becoming used to the routines with muscle memory and not working quite as hard) and also maybe temporarily up your calories a bit to 1300 or 1400. It's still a healthy range but may just jolt your overall metabolism? I'm not an expert, just recalling things from the way too many diet/fitness books I've read. Since you only have 8 lbs to go, try searching online for reputable places that suggest how to get over a plateau and those last 10 lbs.
  • QuietLegs
    Options
    As I got more fit, I increased my exercise. It's still all about calories in / calories out, but increasing running from 2-3 times a week to 5-6 times a week, and increasing the avg distance from 3.3 miles to 4.5 miles helped. (In addition to weight lifting, and cycling on weekends).

Okay, I'm slightly addicted to exercise, so that helps...

But yeah. You *will* burn less calories for the same intensity of exercise, when you weigh less. You just have to compensate accordingly, either by decreasing your food intake, or increasing your exercise output.