Ghost Stories!

Options
Sarah_Wins
Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
It's Halloween, and I think we all love to be skeert! So here goes.

When I was about 9 years old, I awoke to something tugging on my top sheet. It was slowly pulled all the way under the bed. I was too terrified to move or even scream. I sat up all night, petrified and shivering. Come morning, we found the sheet rolled up in a tight little ball under the bed.

Now, give me what you've got! Creep me the f**k out!

Replies

• tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    When I was a teenager a bunch of us friends went camping. We were taking a walk in the woods real late. It was one of those nights you didn't need a light because the moon was so bright. A couple people started talking about how it felt creepy. This one guy started talking about how he didn't believe in ghosts/spirits. That's its just weak-minded people who believe in that. He was walking along and he stops and looks around. He said someone was tugging on his jacket....real funny. Starts walking again, and he literally flies about 10 feet off the trail into the bushes. He was scared hysterical with fear, so were the rest of us. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.
  • lilylover2012
    lilylover2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    In one of the stories where I used to work, I used to be on the overnight shift. I would be in the back (the stockroom) on the net and could hear footsteps and boxes shuffling behind me even though I was the only one there. You could also feel warm breezes in the dead of winter (with no heat back there) and tickling on the back of your neck. I brought my dog in with me one night since the boss didn't care and he would just sit there and watch "nothing" in the air for hours at a time... his head would move like he was keeping his eyes on something and his ears would perk every so often.

If you went out in the main area, the bell over the door would ring when no one was in the store and you could hear laughter outside even though the lot was empty.

One night I was in the back and saw a customer at the counter even though I hadn't heard him come in so I got up to help them. When I walked up there, the guy turned from the Slim Jims to look at me and my heart freaking STOPPED because he had a bullet hole in his temple with blood running down. I was so scared I couldn't even scream and then he just disappeared. Needless to say, I woke my friend up at 3am to have them come keep me company the rest of the night and got off the nightshift soon after that.

No one believes that story when I tell it to them but it's the truth. I wasn't the only person there that heard/felt/saw things either...

Oh and... come to find out (we asked the owner after my sighting) someone had gotten shot in the parking lot about a decade ago. Someone had mistaken the guy for someone that owed him money and shot him dead, then realized it was a mistake. And one cashier had a heart attack there and died but I never saw her.
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    She lived deep in the forest in a tiny cottage and sold herbal remedies for a living. Folks living in the town nearby called her Bloody Mary, and said she was a witch. None dared cross the old crone for fear that their cows would go dry, their food-stores rot away before winter, their children take sick of fever, or any number of terrible things that an angry witch could do to her neighbors.

Then the little girls in the village began to disappear, one by one. No one could find out where they had gone. Grief-stricken families searched the woods, the local buildings, and all the houses and barns, but there was no sign of the missing girls. A few brave souls even went to Bloody Mary's home in the woods to see if the witch had taken the girls, but she denied any knowledge of the disappearances. Still, it was noted that her haggard appearance had changed. She looked younger, more attractive. The neighbors were suspicious, but they could find no proof that the witch had taken their young ones.

Then came the night when the daughter of the miller rose from her bed and walked outside, following an enchanted sound no one else could hear. The miller's wife had a toothache and was sitting up in the kitchen treating the tooth with an herbal remedy when her daughter left the house. She screamed for her husband and followed the girl out of the door. The miller came running in his nightshirt. Together, they tried to restrain the girl, but she kept breaking away from them and heading out of town.

The desperate cries of the miller and his wife woke the neighbors. They came to assist the frantic couple. Suddenly, a sharp-eyed farmer gave a shout and pointed towards a strange light at the edge of the woods. A few townsmen followed him out into the field and saw Bloody Mary standing beside a large oak tree, holding a magic wand that was pointed towards the miller's house. She was glowing with an unearthly light as she set her evil spell upon the miller's daughter.

The townsmen grabbed their guns and their pitchforks and ran toward the witch. When she heard the commotion, Bloody Mary broke off her spell and fled back into the woods. The far-sighted farmer had loaded his gun with silver bullets in case the witch ever came after his daughter. Now he took aim and shot at her. The bullet hit Bloody Mary in the hip and she fell to the ground. The angry townsmen leapt upon her and carried her back into the field, where they built a huge bonfire and burned her at the stake.

As she burned, Bloody Mary screamed a curse at the villagers. If anyone mentioned her name aloud before a mirror, she would send her spirit to revenge herself upon them for her terrible death. When she was dead, the villagers went to the house in the wood and found the unmarked graves of the little girls the evil witch had murdered. She had used their blood to make her young again.

From that day to this, anyone foolish enough to chant Bloody Mary's name three times before a darkened mirror will summon the vengeful spirit of the witch. It is said that she will tear their bodies to pieces and rip their souls from their mutilated bodies. The souls of these unfortunate ones will burn in torment as Bloody Mary once was burned, and they will be trapped forever in the mirror.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Once, GorillaEsq sent me a friend request.
  • GZinSea
    GZinSea Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Colorado and the library in town, while it was fairly large, only used about half the area of the building, the other half was roped off and used mostly for storage and the special edition stuff you had to get the librarians to get for you.

One Sunday I was there, just the middle of the day, nothing spooky, but I decided to go past the ropes into the old area of the library, just to see what all was back there. I was poking around the dusty aisles and happened to look into a glass case with books inside and saw the reflection of a man behind me giving me the stink eye. I figured I was busted and turned around to apologize to the librarian but there was no one there. I snapped around to look in the glass again and the man was still there right behind me staring, and not happy.

I spun around and raced out as fast as I could, needless to say I just started saving up and buying books at Walden after that.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Once, GorillaEsq sent me a friend request.

That **** would scare me too!

Mine is more freaky and kinda sad -- Last February a little boy that rode the bus with my kids was killed by an out of control car as he was waiting for the bus -- anyway his little sister (who I think was 4/5) told their mom that Mommy you can stop crying - Hayden came to my room and told me he's ok - hes with grandpa --- I get chills every time I hear or tell that story
  • Sarah_Wins
    Options
    I grew up in Colorado and the library in town, while it was fairly large, only used about half the area of the building, the other half was roped off and used mostly for storage and the special edition stuff you had to get the librarians to get for you.

One Sunday I was there, just the middle of the day, nothing spooky, but I decided to go past the ropes into the old area of the library, just to see what all was back there. I was poking around the dusty aisles and happened to look into a glass case with books inside and saw the reflection of a man behind me giving me the stink eye. I figured I was busted and turned around to apologize to the librarian but there was no one there. I snapped around to look in the glass again and the man was still there right behind me staring, and not happy.

I spun around and raced out as fast as I could, needless to say I just started saving up and buying books at Walden after that.

What did he look like? Did he have a tail?

99jguq.jpg
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    My late bride was in ICU,1 week before passing...one of our best friends whom she wa very close with, was in the bathroom and "felt" her pressence. She said out loud, "Kristina, I will not accept this. get the **** back in your bod, NOW!" at the yeling of "Now", all the power in he house went of and the fire alarms went off.
    The next morning, in a brief moment of coherency, my bride told me she visited Christa....our friend.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Another time, I was visiting family. They lived on an old farm. While sleeping in the guest room, I woke up to an amazing chill. The window was closed, and the fan on. As I opened my eyes, the fan came to a sudden stop. wondering what was going on, I sat up. As I did, the formation of a hand came from the window, with the curtains drawn....I got up, and slept onthe couch.

around 4 am, my cousin came into the kitchen saw me and asked what was going on. I said..."cut the ****, what the **** is going on around here." After explaining what happened, she told me that the house had a "history". Apparently, the original owner of the land commited a mass murder/suicide of his entire famil. 9 people died. Toys go off in the kids room all the time.
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    First, let me tell you about where I live. It's basically a retirement community, but it's billed as a condo complex. A lot of old people have lived, and subsequently died there, a few even recently.

Now, back when I first moved in, nothing really strange happened. Yeah, I heard weird noises, but I always chalked it up to the people living in the condo above us. Then, one night, something strange happened. In the corner of my room, there's a tall lamp. I was headed out the door to grab something from another room when, out of the corner of my eye, something ran past the light, blocking it out for a second. It made me somewhat uneasy because I needed to go back into the room to turn it off because I was headed to dinner with the family.

Then, about a couple of weeks ago, as I was sleeping, the strangest, and by far scariest thing, happened to me. It was around 2am. I was out like a light. I like to sleep on my side with my back to the edge of the bed. Well, the next thing I know, there's a large hand running straight down my back. I shot up and out of bed, glancing all over the room. My sister was fast asleep and there was no one awake at the time. (I actually went out and check.) If anyone had been up, there was NO WAY in hell they would have been able to get out the door that fast because my bed is on the far side of the room. Yes, it was scary as hell, but after catching my breath I realized it was my first real paranormal experience! And then it became the coolest thing in the world.
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    Copied this from forum I posted it before, who would really want to retype all of these.

1) About a year or two after my dad died, I came home from school one day. I was home alone and sat down on the couch to take my shoes off. I look over to the cushion beside me and it sinks really low like someone was sitting in it. Lets say I hauled *kitten* to my room.

2) Late one night I was up pretty late, about 1 or 2 am and I heard this noise in the house. I brushed it off as one of the cats. Then all of a sudden I hear boats walking from the dining room to in front of my bedroom door and stop. Nearly had a heart attack. AlI could is hide under my covers and hope whatever it was didn't get me.

3) For the longest time, I had this large, tall, black figure stand in my corner at night. It wasn't a shadow and there was nothing on the wall. Sometimes it'd move closer to me and sometimes it'd move around my room. Either way it'd scare the hell outta me and I couldn't leave my room since it was always near my door.

4) Where my computer table is at, I every so often will see a tall grayish figure peep at me from around the top of the door frame. That one doesn't bother me so much, but it still startles me if I'm not really expecting it.

5) My sisters door is right across from mine. One night I walked out my room and saw a little girl in a yellow plaid dress standing in her room. I thought I was just seeing things, until I walked backwards to double take. She was still there and the vanished. She doesn't bother me, but I like to creep my sister out with her.

6) 2 years ago my 13yr old dog died. Last year I was sitting in my room around 6pm and I could hear his feet and claws tapping on the floor in the hallway. No one was home so it was impossible to be someone or something else. It's pretty comforting to know he's still around though.

7) About 3 years ago I was at a friends house and she was upstairs taking a shower and my sister was in the shower down stairs. I was sitting in the kitchen and I heard a young girl call my name from upstairs. I answered thinking it was my friend. It called my name again and I once again answered. 10 minutes later my friend came down stairs and I asked her what she said she didn't know what I was talking about. She knows her house is haunted so I didn't feel so creeped out that something happened to me.

8) I was at a different friends house. I was sitting on her bed and I heard someone whistle from the hall way. I look up and the creepy thing was looking at me from around the corner and then disappeared. The same night I then heard a cat in the room crying, but there wasn't any in the house. Apparently she's seen and heard them both before. Still doesn't change it from being strange.

9) I was at the beach 2 summers ago with my sister and a friend. We decided to go walking on the beach late one night. They ran ahead of me on the way back to house, all of a sudden I see someone run into water and disappear. I called out to them and they came back. Neither one of them came walking towards the water and there was no one else on that part of the beach.

10) This happened the same night as number 9. He were laying on the beach looking at the stars. We were talking about ghosts and ship wrecks and how we think they're life on other planets. All of a sudden you hear these thuds behind our heads. We automatically sit up to look for who it was but no one was there. It was impossible to be anyone. It was only maybe 2 inches from our heads. No one could've gotten that close without sand flying up or someone hitting us.

11) Last night I had a spare chair sitting beside me while I was sitting at the computer desk. My cat was laying in it, because he's practically my shadow. Anyway, I was just sitting up her reading and I saw a long arm reach from around the corner and starting towards that cat. Like it was gonna pet it. I turn to say something to my sister thinking it was her, but nope it wasn't. It wasn't anyone. Just air.....and a little ghost friend. >.<

These fools be tricking me all the time.
    Ain't no sense in it.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I went to a college that was fairly well known for being haunted/ having a high level of paranormal activity. The dorm I was an RA in my junior year was rumored to have been built on a hill where a boy perished in a snowstorm in the 1800s. Anyways, I volunteered to be the RA on-call over spring break, and go on rounds and what not. So the dorm was a ghost town, not even the RC (my boss) was there. It was me and one other person in a building that could house 300 people. The whole week I had been having an eerie feeling. It started out small, but as the week progressed the feeling intensified to the point that every once in a while I thought I would see flashes of shadows out of the corner of my eye. Hear doors open and shut in rooms that were locked and uninhabited, etc. I tried to brush it off that my mind was playing tricks on me, but, one night I was lying in bed dead asleep with the covers over my head. When I was literally jolted awake by this feeling. Like something was in my room with me. And by feeling I mean I literally felt opressed to the point I had goosebumps, my heart was pounding and it hurt to take a deep breath. So, I slowly counted to down from 3, when I got to 1 I was going to flip the covers down, smack my bedlamp on and see if anything was there. So, I counted down. 3.2.1. I flipped the covers, and right as I did in the pitch black room, my closet doors flew open and SMACKED against the wall. I never even turned the ****ing light on. I screamed my head off, leapt out of bed and ran to the emergency phone. The keys were smoking that's how fast I dialed security, and had them meet me outside. The security guard told me that it was just the little boy who wanted to play. He normally bothered other residents, but since I was the only one in the building he was visiting me. And I said, that was not the little boy. It felt malicious. And he told me to salt my doors and windows (he was big into ghost lore and knew about all the hauntings in the other buildings) to keep out the creepers until residents came back. So, I did. And while I don't know if it helped, I never felt that creepy oppressive feeling in my room ever again.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Options
    A couple friends of mine bought a 150-year old hotel out in the country to convert into a family home. It was small for a hotel, about 10 or 12 bedrooms, but we filled it to capacity for their homecoming bash. The party was mostly on the first floor, with the bedrooms upstairs. I came to sometime during the night to see the silhouettes of feet passing by our door, over and over, as well as the sounds of a party; talking, laughter, clinking glass, faint music, the old floor boards creaking. I kept thinking why don't they give it a rest already! I'm tired!

Over breakfast, we realized we had ALL been kept awake but no one admitted to being outside their rooms.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've never had anything spooky happen to me but I used to know a girl who was shadowed by the spirit of her grandpa. Her two year old daughter talks to him in the middle of the night!
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    I too love to be skeert but not live a nightmare. About ten years ago I was living in a haunted house in the country in Nebraska. Wierd things always happened there.

I would go to work, night shift, and come home to the house torn apart, plants upended and soil spread everywhere with footprints in it. Nothing missing, doors still locked and my cat would be hiding in an upstairs bedroom I never used.

I would wake up to the sound of footsteps either coming up my stairs to my bedroom or pacing out on my front porch even occasionally knocking on the door... But no one was there.

After living there a few months I was in the front room and playing with a black light only to look up and see glowing writing on the ceiling. After closer inspection I realized it was just seemingly random around but It was like it was labeled. Bed was written directly beneath where I had placed my bed, Dresser was glowing exactly where my dresser set, and mirror was written exactly where my antique free standing mirror was.

Then I started hearing children laughing, playing and sometimes crying. Not just at night but almost constantly. It was as if I had a family, which I don't.

The last straw led me to move out without notice even though it was the cheapest place imaginable at $240 rent a month for a four bedroom beautiful house with lead glass windows and a wrap around screened in porch. I still miss that house! One day I was reading in the living room, a ghost story book about a family living in a haunted house. This family moved out because their ghost would shake their beds violently while they were sleeping. I laughed out loud and said to my ghosts ( which I talked to frequently) Thank you for never doing that! I then heard a clanging sound from the basement and my cat was yawling at the top of her lungs. The clanging got louder and louder and I realized there was an earthquake shaking my entire house!

Sure enough no one believed me because earthquakes don't happen in Nebraska BUT it was in the newspaper the next day and the epicenter was directly my F***ing house! No fault liines nothing!

I believe my ghosts were telling me they could do whatever they wanted. I listened and was spooked to the point of moving in with a friend 20 miles away that day. My stuff came later, as did the stories of a single woman who once owned that house and lost her mind when she was unable to care for her children who had some sort of disabilities. The house was a cheap rental ever since. Could just be stories but I hope to never live in a house with that much activity in it again.

Happy Halloween everyone!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Late December 2005 I was on patrol at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar. My area to patrol for the night was the flight line which included the hangers and aircraft. As I passed Hanger 1 around 2am I noticed lights in the main bay, which should have been off and empty for the long holiday weekend. I park the patrol car outside the hanger door and look inside to see a person in the cockpit of the F-18 working. I draw my weapon and as I approach the person disappears. I learned later that in 1969 on that very day a jet crashed into the hanger and killed 14 people, one of which was a mechanic working on a seat that was ejected into the hanger roof on impact.

I also frequently saw lights in a C-130 with the number 800 (also called ‘Boo’). They say it was used to transport bodies at one time and that it is haunted. http://www.miramar.marines.mil/News/NewsArticleDisplay/tabid/3387/Article/89959/spirits-trapped-insdie-boo-haunt-raiders.aspx

In boot camp our rifle range squad bays were said to be haunted. Many years prior a Drill Instructor took his platoon for a midnight hike and several drowned. I was on fire watch at 2am when our Senior DI came out to tell us to shut up. We hadn't made a noise or said a word in over 20 minutes. She went back in their "hut" and came out 5 minutes later to yell at us for making noise, but we hadn't moved. Then we saw something moving at the far end of the bay and when we went to investigate nothing was there and the doors were locked. Creepy!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When I was in the third grade I had this really great teacher. But, after a couple of months she went out sick and a series of substitutes showed up. I kept figuring she'd be back eventually. One night I wake up in the middle of the night, go to the bathroom and go back to my room. As I'm getting in bed I see a shadow in the back yard through my window. I look closer and there's my teacher walking in the yard talking to herself. I went to my parent's room and woke my mom. I told her my teacher was walking around in the yard. At first she looked surprised, then sad, then kind of creeped out. She took me in bed between her and my dad and told me my teacher had been battling cancer and had died a couple weeks before.

Gaaahhh!!!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    oh! this the night that coast-to-coast AM does their yearly ghost story special? forgot about that. should be worth listening to while i'm working on the computer tonight.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

their pseudo science shows bug me, but i can listen to them talk about UFOs, and interdimensional beings, and ghosts and stuff like that. i don't believe any of it, but sometimes the stories can still cause goosebumps. :bigsmile:
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    When I was first married we lived in a new apartment that was next to a hospital. One night my husband woke me up and said he just saw a man standing next to the bed, wearing a plaid shirt and short military cut hair. He sat up thinking it was a burglar, only to watch the figure float out the bedroom door. Then a pair of red eyes, about 2 feet off the floor came in, circled the room and followed the ghost out. My husband was never interested in the paranormal, but that made a believer out of him. I was so mad he didn't wake me up!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Options
    Bump