Ladies+TOM

Options
Do you weigh yourself when its that time of the month and if so does it make a difference or not..... Thanks

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself when its that time of the month and if so does it make a difference or not..... Thanks

I think its a 3 pound margin of error right?
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, sometimes i can have a difference of 5lbs in a day from water retention/bloat
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month after tom is over
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself everyday but will go up during that time of the month. Usually about 4 lbs.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I usually wait until after its over.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Definitely makes a difference. I usually weigh before and after -- just so I understand how the weight fluctuates.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

I did and sometimes I was down and sometimes I was up. There is really so much more going on. There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. Far more than just TOM comes into play.
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I usually wait but if I do weigh myself I do it only from curiosity. Whatever the scale says during that time I'm just like "Huh, ok, that's interesting," but I do not place any importance on it. It's just an observation.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    I tend to gain between two and five pounds before and during my period. It goes away afterwards as long as I don't binge too bad during my period. Moral of the story: Don't weigh yourself during your period. Too discouraging.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    No, I don't weigh myself then. I don't see the point.
  • writemusic4him
    writemusic4him Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I wait until a few days after when I'm feeling back to normal because I get terribly bloated and have a whole set of clothes that is 1 size larger than I usually wear just for TOM.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I avoid it for those couple of days so I don't hate myself when I see the scale :sad: haha
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every monday morning regardless. I actually kind of like it as I dont worry about a gain because of tom but the next Monday there is usually a nice large loss theat is very satisfying psychologicaly.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning usually unless I just forget. I do notice that my weight can vary at different times of the month. Both around TOM and around the time ovulation occurs. I seem to almost bloat more then than at actual TOM but I have issues with cysts sometimes so that might be why.
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing because last month I did gain just over a pound while hanging with TOM and it was gone when he was too!
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself then because it's depressing! Put on several pounds, and I can tell that because my clothes and bras don't fit any more. You can tell when you've lost it too, and it's a nice big drop, so that's good for the morale.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    No freakin' way, I get so bloated! I wait until the following week's weigh in. I always feel huge around my period (which is weird, because when I was at least 50 pounds heavier I never had PMS symptoms that were so crazy!).
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Its not locked. LOL.