Stomach is growling..

Alright. I love the whole idea of dieting.. But I hate experiencing it. I am currently at 165lbs and would like to be at 145-148. I have gotten down to 155..but of course I fell off track and am now kicking myself in the *kitten*. Anyhoo, my daily calorie allowance is 1269, however, I workout 5 days a week for at least 50min each time (yes, cardio included). My main question is this: if I have consumed my calories for the day, and my stomach is growling at night, is it okay to eat until I'm full? I know eating late isn't a good idea.. But then again neither is starving yourself. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Try some popcorn.... I just had the same problem tonight. I was starving and had about 100 calories left allowable to me. I had a cup of Orville Redenbacher Light Butter Popcorn and it tasted heavenly!! And it filled me up... hope this helps!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    First rule of thumb: if you're hungry, eat something healthy. Not until you're "full" - eat until you're satisfied. Include some protein. Drink some water and chew slowly. Enjoy it!

Overall, I don't think you're eating enough. I personally couldn't lose unless I ate at least 1325 calories a day, with little to no exercise.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Eat more in general. With such a small amount to lose, there is no reason to be eating such a small amount of calories. How are your numbers set up? Are you eating back exercise calories?
  • mikeskayla
    mikeskayla Posts: 2 Member
    I 100% agree with Imelangley!
  • zechks
    zechks Posts: 224
    Alright. I love the whole idea of dieting.. But I hate experiencing it. I am currently at 165lbs and would like to be at 145-148. I have gotten down to 155..but of course I fell off track and am now kicking myself in the *kitten*. Anyhoo, my daily calorie allowance is 1269, however, I workout 5 days a week for at least 50min each time (yes, cardio included). My main question is this: if I have consumed my calories for the day, and my stomach is growling at night, is it okay to eat until I'm full? I know eating late isn't a good idea.. But then again neither is starving yourself. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance :)

This is my take to your problem. Try to eat majority of you calories post workout. Then eat the rest when you are less hungry. Eat something an hour or two before bed (if it fits your daily calories). Eating late is not bad. Meal timing is irrelevant as long as you keep within your daily calories then you'll be fine.. It's always calories in versus calories out regardless what time you consume it. Hope that helps. :)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    First rule of thumb: if you're hungry, eat something healthy. Not until you're "full" - eat until you're satisfied. Include some protein. Drink some water and chew slowly. Enjoy it!

Overall, I don't think you're eating enough. I personally couldn't lose unless I ate at least 1325 calories a day, with little to no exercise.

This exactly. I plateaued and didn't begin to lose again until I upped my calories a bit. Good luck!
  • adm31
    adm31 Posts: 2
    Celery......it has practecly no calories and is a great filler. I found this out on my quest to end hunger, also, before dinner or after dinner, an hour after dinner is the best time, add 2 tablespoons of dry whole chia seeds to one glass of water and drink it. I learned this from Dr. Oz, the chia seeds swell up in your stomach as thick as peanut butter and makes you fill full for hours, I have tried it and it is great. Only thing is you have to incorperate it into your daily calories, 2 tablespoons = 130 calories. Also at dinner time fill up on veggies. You can't eat to many of them and they help you to loose weight and be healthy.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Stomach growling is more a digestive thing than a hunger signal.
    But as I understand it, it really doesn't matter what time you eat as long as you stay within your calorie range for weight loss.