wow almond milk is actually good

Options
i am pleasantly surprised... and only 40 calories per cup.. and someone like me only needs 1/2 cup in a good amount of cereal.. new fav food!

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    LOVE almond milk :p I use it in my meal shakes, coffee, and with sweets. I recommend the half coconut milk blend if you like that flavor, it's super creamy and only 60 cal serving.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    LOVE almond milk :p I use it in my meal shakes, coffee, and with sweets. I recommend the half coconut milk blend if you like that flavor, it's super creamy and only 60 cal serving.

ohhh yum that sounds amazing.. gonna buy some next time i hit up the store. i actually like almond milk way more than i liked regular milk back when i could tolerate it... i have an intolerance to lactose

have you had the vanilla almond milk? if so, any good? im just using plain (unsweetened) now
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I had a slight intolerance, but overall i never liked milk by itself, especially whole, and soy milk tastes horrible and may be bad for women so, almond milk is a lifesaver :]
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I had a slight intolerance, but overall i never liked milk by itself, especially whole, and soy milk tastes horrible and may be bad for women so, almond milk is a lifesaver :]

as a child i hated milk.. would only use a little bit in cereal on rare occasion.. ugh it was just so nasty to me. i remember eatin dinner at a friends house and their parents only had milk for dinner and i had to drink it and i cried and got sick lol..

ive never had soy milk and yes i have heard bad things about it in relation to women as well. high 5 lactose intolerant buddy!
  • MissMertz
    Options
    I love rice milk too.. it's got a sweet taste to it! :)
  • phildawson75
    phildawson75 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk too! I tend to go with Alpro, it's a little more pricey but tastes amazing. Allows me to have things like weetabix without any sugar on it because of the sugary taste.

It's 30 cal for 125ml serving of it.

I also use it with 100% gold standard double choc whey after exercises, unbelievably tasty! :D
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk especially Silk Dark Chocolate.

silk+pure+dark+chocolate+almond+milk.jpg

yummy!

chocolate-mocha-400.jpg

Rice milk tastes pretty good as well.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    i am pleasantly surprised... and only 40 calories per cup.. and someone like me only needs 1/2 cup in a good amount of cereal.. new fav food!

It also has a 2-3 month expiration date so you're not forced to drink it in 1 to 2 weeks like you do dairy milk.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My fav is hazelnut milk, tastes awesome in coffee and on cereal!
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Love it! The kind I get works for my low-carb diet as well. Yum!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've never actually tried it! But I do low carb too so it would be a good alternative for me. Think I will buy some when back after my weekend away and give it a go after the good reports here.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I discovered Unsweetened Almond milk when I was trying to cut additional sugar from my breakfast oats. It works fantastically and I can't even tell the difference! I have also used it in my pancake recipe but it didn't work out as well - next time I will try to reduce the amount :) It's a great way to cut the sugar in regular milk.
  • emersonkelly
    Options
    If you don't like the taste of dairy milk then try almond milk.........it tastes good and it is rich in all essential nutrients like potassium, magnesium, Vitamin E!!

I love almond milk a lot!!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    My fav is hazelnut milk, tastes awesome in coffee and on cereal!

i vote for this too ! makes bran flakes yummy
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    I :heart: almond milk!!

detail.jpg
  • momo7069
    Options
    Hey guys - a total newbie here (highly recommended by a close friend and just got signed in yesterday) so have a LOT to learn about all of this. I've never had almond milk. I've had rice milk (in RumChatas lol!) and that was yummy, but you guys have me wanting to try this almond milk now. Can you tell me though, how it is to use in the kitchen? I still have others I need to consider for meals, and am wondering how that would work with mashed potatoes or any of the box potatoes that require milk. Thanks for any assistance you can provide :)
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would personally put it in a potato dish. It does have an almond flavor so I consider that when adding it to something. That being said, i've baked with it, used it in my oatmeal, cereal, etc.

As for vanilla versus regular, I was a regular unsweetened girl until they didn't have any the last time I went so I got the vanilla unsweetened. Not a huge taste difference to me so I would just grab what's there next time.

I do love having almond milk in the fridge. It's great for shakes to keep the calorie and carbs down plus add a bit of flavor.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The Silk and Almond Breeze are delicious, but the sodium is high if you are watching that (I am).
    So a hint if you are a Canuck or can get PC Organics (RCSS) products:
    PC Organics Unsweetened vanilla almond beverage is great too. 45 cals/cup and only 90 mg. sodium.
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm also lactose intolerant & I find milk absolutely disgusting anyway. I never drank it, but used it in cereal & to cook with. I bought the unsweetened almond milk the other day to try with my protein shakes & it made all the difference in the world! I love my shakes now. I use the PB chocolate whey & mix it with a cup of almond milk, a cup of crushed ice, & a frozen banana & it's DELICIOUS!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk!! Silk or Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla is my very favorite. I try to have it every morning and sometimes at night.