Walden Farms

Options
Have you ever tried any of the Walden Farms products? (They have NO calories, fat, carbs, gluten or sugars). What did you try and what did you think?
I am curious but I don't want to waste my money if they are terrible.
Thanks in advance :D

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    bacon ranch salad dressing: Is ok but I prefer to mix it with sriracha not by itself. Never actually had full fat ranch dressing so no idea what "normal" is.

marshmallow dip: tastes artificial as expected but good to satisfy a sweet tooth

choc dip: more artificial tasting than marshmallow IMO. Still edible though.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    The family and I like their pancake syrup. Although it's thinner than real syrup, it's yummy and there is no weird aftertaste.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Anything with 0 everything has to be loaded with chemicals, if there's no nutritional value, how can it be food?
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    The bacon ranch was the only one I found edible

Huge waste of money i think
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Anything with 0 everything has to be loaded with chemicals, if there's no nutritional value, how can it be food?

Yeah, pretty much what he said..
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I bought the marshmallow fluff and had to throw it out. Even peanut butter didn't help the taste for me. The only other things I've used are some of the dressings and the barbecue sauce, which was ok.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Never tried it, never will. The idea of 0 calorie food weirds me out
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options

/\ this. I would definitely check the ingredient list
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    ingredient list for the ranch.. i dont understand how this has 0 calories, wouldnt the lemon juice and dijon mustard have some calories? Edit: also garlic powder has calories in it too...
    ranchMayo.gif
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options

Yeah, pretty much what he said..

Read the labels.... Disgusting!!!
  • kvandock
    Options

Exactly. You can't get something from nothing. The simple nutrition labels on our food products don't have a method for annotating what is present to actually make the product "taste" the way it does.
  • OldDog_NewTricks
    OldDog_NewTricks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried the salad dressing and the alfredo sauce. They were inedible. You have to wonder what you're putting in your body if it has zero calories and fat. :sick:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    ingredient list for the ranch.. i dont understand how this has 0 calories, wouldnt the lemon juice and dijon mustard have some calories? Edit: also garlic powder has calories in it too...
    ranchMayo.gif
    Be aware that products are allowed to list "0" calories for anything under 5 calories, generally they just adjust the portion size to be lower than the threshold. This is how splenda gets away with it, and pickles, sugar free candies, and other low-calorie items that list "0" when really they do have some small amount of calories. That being said, lemon juice and garlic powder are pretty far down that list, and probably don't contribute much.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    ranchMayo.gif
    Be aware that products are allowed to list "0" calories for anything under 5 calories, generally they just adjust the portion size to be lower than the threshold. This is how splenda gets away with it, and pickles, sugar free candies, and other low-calorie items that list "0" when really they do have some small amount of calories. That being said, lemon juice and garlic powder are pretty far down that list, and probably don't contribute much.

interesting... i had no clue. thanks for the info. eye opener for sure.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The label even says at The very bottom even says it has "trace calories"... I think that there has to be some other alternative that is more naturally derived, cheaper and actually tastes better... Be creative! I use hot wing sauce as salad dressing... 5 calories per tbsp... I love it! If you like it creamier add a tbsp of nonfat greek yogurt..
    Or make your own low cal dressing with nonfat greek yogurt and nonfat milk, dill, pepper, salt, garlic, or add a tsp of honey and spice with ginger.
    Yu can make your very own dressing if you're creative... You can do the same with sweet dips... Light cool whip or non fat vanilla or plain greek yogurt mixed with an extra small frozen banana..and dash of cinnamon... Yummy